Get.your-prize.com is a web site that forces unsuspecting users into subscribing to push notifications to send unwanted adverts to your web-browser. This web page displays the message ‘Click Allow to’ (connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, confirm that you are 18+, access the content of the web-site, verify that you are not a robot, download a file, watch a video), asking you to subscribe to notifications.
Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your web browser will be configured to display pop-up ads in the lower right corner of Windows or Mac. The push notifications will promote ‘free’ online games, fake prizes scams, suspicious internet browser extensions, adult websites, and adware bundles as shown on the screen below.
If you’re getting browser notification spam, you can remove Get.your-prize.com subscription by going into your browser’s settings and completing the Get.your-prize.com removal instructions below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Get.your-prize.com pop-ups advertisements will no longer appear on the desktop.
Where the Get.your-prize.com pop-ups comes from
Computer security specialists have determined that users are redirected to Get.your-prize.com by adware or from suspicious advertisements. Adware delivers undesired ads on your computer. Some of these advertisements are scams or fake advertisements created to trick you. Even the harmless advertisements can become really irritating. Adware software can be installed accidentally and without you knowing about it, when you open email attachments, install free programs.
|Type||spam notifications ads, popup virus, popup advertisements, pop-ups|
|Distribution||adware softwares, PUPs, shady pop up ads, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Get.your-prize.com removal guide|
If you are unfortunate have adware or malware running on your system, you can follow the suggestions here to delete Get.your-prize.com pop up ads from your internet browser.
How to remove Get.your-prize.com pop up ads (removal guidance)
When the adware gets installed on your PC without your knowledge, it’s not easy to uninstall. Most commonly, there is no Uninstall program which simply remove the adware that causes Get.your-prize.com popups from your computer. So, we advise using several well-proven free specialized tools like Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro. But the best solution to remove Get.your-prize.com popup advertisements will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware tools.
To remove Get.your-prize.com pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Manual Get.your-prize.com pop-ups removal
- Deleting the Get.your-prize.com, check the list of installed programs first
- Remove Get.your-prize.com notifications from web browsers
- Remove Get.your-prize.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
- Delete Get.your-prize.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Remove Get.your-prize.com advertisements from Google Chrome
- How to completely remove Get.your-prize.com popup ads using free tools
- How to block Get.your-prize.com
- Finish words
Manual Get.your-prize.com pop-ups removal
Most adware can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus software or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will show you how to remove Get.your-prize.com pop-ups step by step. Although each of the steps is very simple and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can finish them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Deleting the Get.your-prize.com, check the list of installed programs first
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed software on your personal computer and delete all unused, unknown and dubious software.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Get.your-prize.com notifications from web browsers
If you’ve allowed the Get.your-prize.com site to send spam notifications to your browser, then we’ll need to delete these permissions. Depending on web-browser, you can complete the following steps to get rid of the Get.your-prize.com permissions to send browser notification spam.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Get.your-prize.com site and other questionable sites by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser which displays Get.your-prize.com spam notifications advertisements.
- In the opened window, find Get.your-prize.com site, other rogue notifications and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- In the top-right corner of the Firefox, click the Menu button, represented by three bars.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Get.your-prize.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Get.your-prize.com site.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Get.your-prize.com and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the domain.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Get.your-prize.com site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Remove Get.your-prize.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you return your internet browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware which causes unwanted Get.your-prize.com advertisements.
First, open the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Delete Get.your-prize.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
This step will allow you remove Get.your-prize.com advertisements, third-party toolbars, disable harmful extensions and return your default startpage, newtab and search engine settings.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Get.your-prize.com adware software. After, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Get.your-prize.com advertisements from Google Chrome
The adware can modify your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unknown web-site as your search engine or homepage, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome web-browser will allow you to remove Get.your-prize.com pop-ups and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to completely remove Get.your-prize.com popup ads using free tools
If the Get.your-prize.com pop-ups are still there, the situation is more serious. But do not worry. There are several tools that are made to search for and delete adware from your internet browser and computer. If you are searching for a free solution to adware software removal, then Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a good option. Also you can get Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes Free. Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of detected malware, adware software and potentially unwanted applications.
How to automatically remove Get.your-prize.com advertisements with Zemana
Zemana Anti Malware highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and malicious software which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Get.your-prize.com pop-ups removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes Get.your-prize.com popup ads in your web-browser. While the Zemana Free is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found.
- You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply press the “Next” button. The tool will delete adware related to the Get.your-prize.com ads. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove Get.your-prize.com pop ups from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool. It removes PUPs, adware software, browser hijacker infections and unwanted web-browser add-ons. It’ll scan for and remove adware software that causes multiple undesired pop-ups. HitmanPro uses very small PC resources and is a portable application. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as shown below.
Further, press “Next” button to begin checking your computer for the adware responsible for Get.your-prize.com pop up ads. This task may take some time, so please be patient. After Hitman Pro completes the scan, you may check all threats found on your PC as displayed below.
Next, you need to click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Get.your-prize.com popup advertisements with MalwareBytes
If you’re having problems with Get.your-prize.com pop ups removal, then check out MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). This is a utility that can help clean up your PC system and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your system from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to scan for adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step instructions or the video guide below.
How to block Get.your-prize.com
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying web pages such as Get.your-prize.com using only built-in Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block undesired browser redirects, advertisements and pop ups in any modern internet browsers including Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. When the setup is done, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Get.your-prize.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step guide outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The IE, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Chrome will no longer show undesired Get.your-prize.com webpage when you surf the Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Get.your-prize.com ads.