Q. Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-ups help. Just started yesterday I believe. I started getting unwanted pop ups on my web browser I’m running. I have searched the Internet on this. I also believe it is adware software. Please help. Thx in advance.
A. Constant popup windows that show up without user-interaction is a symptom of adware infection on your computer. What does Adware mean? Adware software’s basic purpose is to display advertisements. These advertisements are often presented as advertising banners, unclosable windows or various offers and deals. Clicks on the advertisements produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware software can work like Spyware, since it sends confidential info such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Another reason why you need to remove adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware be able to gather your browsing history and privacy info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, privacy information about you can be used for marketing purposes.
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop ups, popup advertisements, pop-up virus|
|Removal||Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu removal guide|
Computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create the guidance which allow users delete Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu redirect for free.
How to remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge (Adware virus removal guide)
If you have consistent popups or unwanted ads, slow computer, freezing system issues, you are in need of adware removal assistance. The few simple steps below will guide you forward to get Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-up advertisements removed and will help you get your computer operating at peak capacity again.
To remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu, use the following steps:
- Manual Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-up ads removal
- Uninstalling the Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu, check the list of installed software first
- Get rid of Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Delete Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu popup ads from Google Chrome
- How to remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-ups with free tools
- Use AdBlocker to block Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu and stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-up ads removal
Looking for a way to remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu ads manually without downloading any tools? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free programs listed below that can help you get rid of Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop ups.
Uninstalling the Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu, check the list of installed software first
The best way to begin the machine cleanup is to delete unknown and questionable software. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Get rid of Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your web-browser displays annoying popup advertisements, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu adware. Once, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Delete Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu ads from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser search provider by default, newtab page and startpage you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” similar to the one below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu popup ads from Google Chrome
If adware, other program or plugins replaced your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge, then you can remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop up ads and return your web browser settings in Chrome at any time. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to remove Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-ups with free tools
The simplest method to get rid of Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu popup advertisements is to use an antimalware program capable of detecting adware. We advise try Zemana AntiMalware or another free malicious software remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware software, hijacker infections and other potentially unwanted applications.
Use Zemana Free to delete Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu ads
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a free program for Windows operating system to search for and get rid of adware that causes multiple unwanted pop ups, and other undesired programs such as PUPs, malicious internet browser plugins, browser toolbars.
- Download Zemana from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware tool will begin scanning the whole machine to find out adware that causes Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu redirect in your web browser. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your personal computer. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware will find threats exist on your system.
- When Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of adware that causes Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop-up advertisements in your internet browser. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Scan your computer and delete Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu popup ads with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a malware removal utility that is created to find and remove browser hijackers, PUPs, adware and questionable processes from the infected PC. It is a portable program that can be run instantly from USB flash drive. Hitman Pro have an advanced system monitoring utility which uses a white-list database to isolate questionable tasks and programs.
- First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is launched, click “Next” button to start checking your PC for the adware software that redirects your web-browser to the unwanted Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu website. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your personal computer. While the Hitman Pro utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- Once the scan get finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Automatically delete Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu popup advertisements with MalwareBytes Free
If you are having problems with Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu redirect removal, then check out MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). This is a tool that can help clean up your PC system and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- After downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to locate adware software that redirects your web-browser to the undesired Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu web page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. When a malware, adware software or potentially unwanted software are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Use AdBlocker to block Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu and stay safe online
Run ad blocking program like AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Once you’ve finished the step-by-step guidance outlined above, your PC system should be clean from adware which causes intrusive Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu pop ups and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various unwanted websites such as Google-en.promotionaldivices.icu. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.