If you are experiencing odd web-browser behavior, various redirections to web-site called Folmetor.com, unwanted advertisements offering to install an unwanted browser extension, then may be possible that your machine is affected with a nasty adware (also known as ‘adware software’).
What you need to know about Adware. Adware is ‘advertising supported’ software which tries to generate profit by redirecting you to annoying web-pages or online advertising. It has different methods of earning revenue including showing up advertisements on the web browser forcefully. Most of adware gets installed when you’re downloading free applications or browser addons.
Does adware software steal your personal information? Adware can have spyware and keyloggers built into the program, leading to greater damage to your system and possible invasion of your confidential information.
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop up virus, popups, pop-up ads|
|Removal||Folmetor.com removal guide|
Therefore, the adware software is a potentially undesired program and should not be used. If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we advise you to follow step-by-step instructions below to remove the adware software and remove Folmetor.com pop-up ads from your internet browser.
How to remove Folmetor.com pop ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Folmetor.com ads in the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can be permanently removed by removing unwanted software, resetting the web-browser to its default values, and reversing any changes to the machine by malicious software. Free removal tools that listed below can help in removing adware which displays constant pop ups and unwanted ads.
To remove Folmetor.com, perform the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of Folmetor.com
- How to automatically remove Folmetor.com pop up ads
- How to stop Folmetor.com pop up ads
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Folmetor.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Folmetor.com pop-ups from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge. If you do not want to remove adware in the manually due to the fact that you are an unskilled computer user, then you can run free removal utilities listed below.
Delete unwanted or recently added programs
We suggest that you start the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious programs such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with freeware. Remove the unwanted apps can get rid of the intrusive ads or browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter such as the one below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) such as the one below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all suspicious and unknown apps. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. Once you have found anything dubious that may be the adware related to the Folmetor.com ads or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your machine.
Remove Folmetor.com pop ups from Chrome
If adware, other program or extensions modified your Chrome settings without your knowledge, then you can remove Folmetor.com pop-up ads and return your web browser settings in Chrome at any time. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown on the screen below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Folmetor.com redirect from Firefox
If the Firefox browser is rerouted to Folmetor.com and you want to restore the Mozilla Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the step-by-step guidance below. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Folmetor.com adware. After, it is complete, press the “Finish” button.
Delete Folmetor.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove Folmetor.com pop up ads
In order to fully get rid of Folmetor.com, you not only need to uninstall adware software from your computer, but also remove all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and run free removal tools to automatically clean your machine of adware responsible for Folmetor.com ads.
Delete Folmetor.com popups with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana highly recommended, because it can look for security threats such adware software and malicious software which most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Folmetor.com redirect removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Click the link below to download Zemana AntiMalware. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware installation on your machine.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will run automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana to delete Folmetor.com redirect from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana, you will see a window as displayed on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) scans your system.
- After the scanning is finished, you can check all items detected on your PC. Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your personal computer press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot computer in order to complete the Folmetor.com pop up ads removal process.
- If you want to fully delete adware from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted programs and other items and press Delete.
- Restart your machine to complete the adware software removal procedure.
Delete Folmetor.com advertisements and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free removal utility which can check your personal computer for a wide range of security threats such as malware, adware softwares, PUPs as well as adware software that causes multiple annoying pop ups. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Windows registry. When a malicious software is found, it will help you to delete all detected threats from your system by a simple click.
- Visit the following page to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- After Hitman Pro has completed scanning, a list of all threats detected is produced. In order to delete all items, simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to remove Folmetor.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
Manual Folmetor.com popup advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) that are completely clean your computer of adware software. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted programs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will try to update itself and when this task is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to locate adware that causes Folmetor.com pop-up advertisements in your web-browser. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we suggest you to read and follow the guidance or the video guide below.
How to stop Folmetor.com pop up ads
Using an ad-blocker application like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking apps will also protect you from harmful ads and websites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Folmetor.com and similar web-pages.
- First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, block Folmetor.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the adware software responsible for Folmetor.com pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and annoying harmful webpages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Folmetor.com pop-ups from your web-browser, then ask for help here.