Q. Unwanted Motheregarded.info webpage frequently popping up! What can I do to stop this from happening and delete unwanted ads and pop ups. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to rectify this? I’m operating on Microsoft Windows 10 if that helps for solving this problem.
A. If you are experiencing numerous advertising popups, redirects to web pages you did not intend to visit, then may be possible that adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) was installed on your system.
Is Adware dangerous? Adware is ‘advertising supported’ software that tries to generate money by redirecting you to annoying web-sites or online advertisements. It has different solutions of earning revenue including showing up adverts on the browser forcefully. Most of adware gets installed when you’re downloading free applications or browser addons.
The worst is, adware can gather your World Wide Web surfing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and websites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal information theft. This is another reason why the adware software which reroutes your web-browser to the intrusive Motheregarded.info web site should be removed ASAP.
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), popups, popup ads, popup virus|
|Removal||Motheregarded.info removal guide|
Thus, it is clear that the presence of adware on your computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer sooner. Follow the step-by-step tutorial below in order to remove Motheregarded.info pop-up advertisements.
How to remove Motheregarded.info POP-UP redirect (Adware virus removal guide)
If you have consistent popups or undesired ads, slow computer, crashing PC system problems, you are in need of adware removal assistance. The step-by-step guidance below will guide you forward to get Motheregarded.info pop-up ads removed and will help you get your computer operating at peak capacity again.
To remove Motheregarded.info, use the following steps:
- Manual Motheregarded.info advertisements removal
- How to automatically remove Motheregarded.info pop-up advertisements
- How to stop Motheregarded.info pop ups
- Finish words
Manual Motheregarded.info advertisements removal
These steps to delete Motheregarded.info pop-up ads without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully remove this adware which causes annoying Motheregarded.info pop up advertisements.
Delete newly added PUPs
We recommend that you start the PC cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed software and uninstall all unknown or dubious apps. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware software and hijackers may be bundled with freeware. Delete the unwanted software can delete the intrusive advertisements or browser redirect.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Motheregarded.info pop up advertisements from Chrome
If you have adware problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a method to reset your Google Chrome settings to default values without reinstall. This will also help to remove Motheregarded.info pop ups from your web browser.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s search provider, new tab page and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Motheregarded.info ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser startpage, new tab page and default search provider you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, start the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as start page, search engine by default and newtab page to default state.
Remove Motheregarded.info from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser is re-directed to Motheregarded.info and you want to recover the Mozilla Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the step-by-step tutorial below. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their default values.
How to automatically remove Motheregarded.info pop-up advertisements
If you are not expert at computers, then we suggest to run free removal utilities listed below to delete Motheregarded.info redirect for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Motheregarded.info removal is a better option.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to delete Motheregarded.info popup advertisements
Zemana Free is a malicious software scanner that is very useful for detecting and deleting adware that causes Motheregarded.info popups in your browser. The steps below will explain how to download, install, and use Zemana to scan and remove malicious software, spyware, adware software, potentially unwanted apps, hijackers from your computer for free.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana AntiMalware setup on your computer.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will launch automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana to get rid of Motheregarded.info redirect from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana AntiMalware, you’ll see a window as displayed in the figure below, just click ‘Scan’ button to detect adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your PC system.
- Once Zemana Anti Malware completes the scan, Zemana Anti Malware will open a scan report. Review the report and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a restart computer in order to complete the Motheregarded.info popup ads removal procedure.
- If you want to fully remove adware from your system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, potentially unwanted apps and other items and click Delete.
- Reboot your system to complete the adware software removal process.
Scan and free your computer of adware software with Hitman Pro
The Hitman Pro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It may check and remove malware, PUPs and adware in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox internet browsers and thereby remove all unwanted Motheregarded.info advertisements. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
- Download Hitman Pro from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware which causes popups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro tool is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once that process is complete, Hitman Pro will open a list of found items. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove Motheregarded.info advertisements
Manual Motheregarded.info pop-up advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software can be not fully removed. We recommend that run the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your PC system of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, potentially unwanted applications, hijackers and toolbars that your system can be infected too.
Click the following link to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once the download is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for the adware that redirects your web browser to the unwanted Motheregarded.info web-page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
How to stop Motheregarded.info pop ups
Use an ad blocking tool like AdGuard will protect you from malicious ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web-pages. Additionally, ad blocking software will help you to avoid intrusive popup advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. Once the install is complete, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Motheregarded.info, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be free of the adware which redirects your web browser to the unwanted Motheregarded.info web page. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your system for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious software and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Motheregarded.info pop up ads from your web-browser, then ask for help here.