According to cyber security experts, “This Video Is Yours?“, “You are in this video?” and “This is your video?” messages are a social engineering attack which tries to deceive you and other unsuspecting users into downloading and installing adware, spyware, trojans or other malware onto the computer.
Spammers use hacked or specially created accounts, send out thousands and thousands of similar messages. They hope that almost all of their recipients will believe them and try to watch the received video file. When clicking on the “This Video Is Yours?” message, the following may occur. The user will be redirected to a malicious site, which will try to install malware, steal facebook login and/or password, collect privacy info, and so on.
If you constantly receive the “This Video Is Yours?”, “You are in this video?” or “This is your video?” messages, or accidentally clicked on it, succumbing to deception, then your computer may be infected with malware. Check your computer for the common symptoms of Facebook Virus infection:
- your web-browser displays ads where previously you have never seen;
- Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer displays a large amount of annoying advertisements;
- web browser settings such as start page and search provider are hijacked;
- your antivirus detects an infection;
- Internet connection may be slow.
|Name||“This is your video?”, “This Video Is Yours?”, “You are in this video?” Facebook Spam|
|Type||adware, trojan, spyware|
|Removal||This Video Is Yours virus removal guide|
If you notice even one sign of Facebook Virus infection or just want to make sure that your computer does not contain malware, then use the instructions below.
How to remove “This Video Is Yours? Facebook virus from computer
In order to get rid of Facebook virus from your computer, you should look up for questionable entries, such as files, programs, internet browser add-ons and shortcuts. However, if you want to remove Facebook virus easily, you should use reputable anti-malware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove Facebook virus, execute the following steps:
- Remove Facebook virus related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
- How to remove “This Video Is Yours” Facebook virus with Zemana Free
- Remove Facebook virus with Hitman Pro
- How to scan your computer for malware with MalwareBytes
- Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Reset Google Chrome settings
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Remove Facebook virus related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
In order to remove Facebook virus, first thing you need to do is to delete unknown and suspicious programs from your personal computer using MS Windows control panel. When removing this virus, check the list of installed applications and try to find questionable programs and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed apps.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications.
How to remove “This Video Is Yours” Facebook virus with Zemana Free
We suggest using the Zemana Free which are completely clean your computer of the virus. The tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you get rid of PUPs, viruses, adware, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once downloading is done, close all windows on your PC system. Further, launch the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the “This Video Is Yours” virus related files, folders and registry keys. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Anti Malware is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
Once finished, Zemana will prepare a list of unwanted programs and virus. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of virus, other kinds of potential threats like malicious software and trojans. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
Remove Facebook virus with Hitman Pro
The Hitman Pro utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and delete malware, PUPs, adware and other security threats, from PC (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby return system settings. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to search for and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
- Visit the following page to download HitmanPro. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button for scanning your PC for the virus, other malware and trojans. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the Hitman Pro utility is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When finished, a list of all items found is produced. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to scan your computer for malware with MalwareBytes
You may download and install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to detect and get rid of Facebook virus from your system. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically detects and deletes all threats exist on the computer.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes utility will start scanning the whole computer to find out the “This Video Is Yours” Facebook virus related files, folders and registry keys. While the MalwareBytes tool is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the scan get finished, you can check all items detected on your computer.
- Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your system press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox web browser program is affected by the Facebook virus , then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings to their original state. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Facebook virus. Once, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Reset Google Chrome settings
‘Reset Chrome settings’ will help you to completely reset your web-browser. The result of activating this function will bring Chrome settings back to its default state. This can delete changes to browser settings created by Facebook virus and disable malicious addons. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First launch the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will open the settings screen. Another method to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown on the screen below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box as shown in the figure below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will launch the process of cleaning. After it’s complete, the web browser’s settings including search engine, new tab page and home page back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying and malicious web sites using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block intrusive web-browser redirects, ads and popups in any modern web-browsers including Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It’s named Adguard and it works very well.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is complete, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block phishing scam, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the step-by-step guide shown above, your machine should be clean from the Facebook virus and other malicious software. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Facebook virus .