Q. I have unwanted WebDiscover browser and WebDiscover toolbar on my desktop. Any ideas how to get rid of them, they just wont go away! If someone has any solutions would be great!
A. Did it occur after installing any new apps? What were you doing before the WebDiscover first occurred? Sounds like you’ve possibly encountered an adware issue. The fix for that issue is uninstall WebDiscover related software and run adware removal tools. You could try the few simple steps ‘How remove WebDiscover browser’ below from our team. These may be useful to remove this.
What is WebDiscover?
IT security specialists has determined that WebDiscover is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that falls under the category of adware. Adware is form of software that presents unwanted advertising on a computer, redirects search results to advertising web sites and gathers privacy information for marketing purposes. Adware can display banner advertisements, full-screen advertisements, pop ups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising.
Other signs of the presence of WebDiscover adware include:
- unwanted WebDiscover toolbar;
- Your searches are redirected to www.safestsearches.com and other web-pages you did not want;
- your system settings are being changed without your request.
Adware software use different methods for distributing themselves. WebDiscover can be downloaded from its website. Usually, adware gets into computer as part of a bundle with free programs, sharing files and other unsafe programs that user downloaded from the Web. The authors of adware pays software developers for distributing adware within their applications. So, optional applications is often included as part of the installer. In order to avoid the setup of PUPs: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced install option and reject all third-party apps in which you are unsure.
Therefore, WebDiscover adware does not really have beneficial features. So, we suggest you remove WebDiscover immediately. This will also prevent the adware from tracking your online activities. A full adware removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic method listed below.
How to remove WebDiscover browser (Uninstall guide)
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove WebDiscover browser. In the following guidance, we will provide two ways to free your personal computer of this adware. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal method. You can select the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal tutorial below to remove WebDiscover adware right now!
To remove WebDiscover, use the following steps:
- Remove WebDiscover browser and WebDiscover toolbar manually
- How to remove WebDiscover automatically
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Remove WebDiscover browser and WebDiscover toolbar manually
To remove WebDiscover browser and WebDiscover toolbar, other adware and PUPs you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of adware software won’t show up in your application list, but some adware may. In this case, you may be able to remove it via the uninstall function of your Windows OS. You can do this by following the steps below.
Uninstall WebDiscover browser
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the following example.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your PC. Most likely, one of them is the WebDiscover related software. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found it, right click to WebDiscover, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Restore Internet Explorer settings
In order to restore Internet Explorer settings you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as search engine, new tab page and home page to default state.
Remove adware from Google Chrome
Unwanted ads or other symptom of having adware in your web-browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy way to recover the Google Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Firefox internet browser will reset all the settings to their original settings and will remove adware, malicious add-ons and extensions. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the WebDiscover adware. After, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
How to remove WebDiscover automatically
Using PUPs and adware removal tools to find and delete adware hiding on your computer is probably the simplest way to remove the WebDiscover adware. We recommends the Zemana program for Windows computers. Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes are other anti PUPs tools for Windows that offers a free PUPs removal.
Remove WebDiscover adware with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti-Malware is an amazing utility to remove WebDiscover from your computer. It also deletes malicious software and adware from your PC. It improves your system’s performance by removing PUPs.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free from the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the WebDiscover adware. During the scan Zemana Anti-Malware will look for threats present on your computer.
- When the scan get finished, Zemana will display you the results. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your machine press “Next”. After finished, you can be prompted to restart your system.
WebDiscover uninstall (Use Hitman Pro)
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic utility to free your PC system from any undesired software such as WebDiscover adware software that causes internet browsers to display unwanted popup ads. The Hitman Pro is portable application that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. HitmanPro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows operating system from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is opened, press “Next” button to begin checking your personal computer for the WebDiscover adware software. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the scan is done, HitmanPro will create a list of unwanted applications adware software. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
WebDiscover browser uninstall (Use MalwareBytes)
We advise using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). You can download and install MalwareBytes to search for adware and thereby remove WebDiscover adware software from your browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically detects and removes all threats present on the PC system.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After downloading is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the WebDiscover adware. Next, you need to press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we advise you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an ad blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all annoying web-sites, unwanted ads and pop ups. To be able to do that, the adblocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious webpage, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocker program automatically uses these filters, depending on the webpages you are visiting.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Once you have finished the steps above, your PC system should be clean from WebDiscover adware software. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.