If you’ve noticed that the Search.hfastmapsapp.com is set as your start page or search provider and you cannot remember making those changes, then you need to know that your PC system is affected by a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the hijacker infection family and you should fix it immediately. In this article we’ll inform you about the best possible solutions to get rid of Search.hfastmapsapp.com from the IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge for good.
When the Search.hfastmapsapp.com browser hijacker is installed on a web browser, it might:
- set Search.hfastmapsapp.com as search provider by default, newtab page, and homepage;
- prevent users from changing search engine or start page address;
- reroute your queries to sponsored sites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- occasionally redirects to questionable webpages;
- show undesired ads;
- collect Net browsing habits and share it with third-parties.
Also, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) may be installed on the PC system together with Search.hfastmapsapp.com browser hijacker. It will insert lots of advertisements directly to the websites which you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the makers of the page. Moreover, the Search.hfastmapsapp.com hijacker infection be able to gather privacy data that may be later transferred to third parties.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Search.hfastmapsapp.com removal, how to delete hijacker from your web browser and personal computer. Find the best free malicious software removal utilities here!
How to remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The Search.hfastmapsapp.com is a browser hijacker that you might have difficulty in removing it from your machine. Luckily, you’ve found the effective removal guidance in this article. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal way will be provided below and you can just choose the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web page. So, please read the step-by-step instructions carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com, follow the steps below:
- Delete Search.hfastmapsapp.com startpage without any tools
- How to automatically get rid of Search.hfastmapsapp.com browser hijacker
- Block Search.hfastmapsapp.com and other intrusive web sites
Delete Search.hfastmapsapp.com startpage without any tools
Manually uninstalling the Search.hfastmapsapp.com is also possible, although this approach takes time and technical prowess. You can sometimes identify browser hijacker in your computer’s list of installed programs and uninstall it as you would any other unwanted program.
Delete PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of intrusive advertisements or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all dubious and unknown applications. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. When you have found anything dubious that may be the hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Search.hfastmapsapp.com site or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your personal computer.
Remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com from Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is redirected to intrusive Search.hfastmapsapp.com page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web-browser program to its default values.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox settings like new tab, homepage and search engine have been replaced by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that IE browser settings like homepage, search provider and new tab page had been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, open the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s search engine, new tab page and startpage to default state.
How to automatically get rid of Search.hfastmapsapp.com browser hijacker
After completing the manual removal guidance above all unwanted software and web-browser’s plugins that causes internet browser redirects to the Search.hfastmapsapp.com web site should be uninstalled. If the problem with Search.hfastmapsapp.com browser hijacker is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free hijacker removal apps below.
How to automatically remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com with Zemana Free
Zemana is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal tool. It will assist you remove Search.hfastmapsapp.com hijacker infection, ad supported software, potentially unwanted programs and other malicious software. This application gives real-time protection that never slow down your personal computer. Zemana Anti-Malware is developed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is complete, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this task is complete, click the “Scan” button to look for browser hijacker infection responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Search.hfastmapsapp.com.
This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat. All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will remove browser hijacker which alters web browser settings to replace your newtab page, home page and search engine by default with Search.hfastmapsapp.com site and add items to the Quarantine.
Block Search.hfastmapsapp.com and other intrusive web sites
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocking program for the Internet Explorer, Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of intrusive ads, popunders, pop-ups, intrusive new tab pages, and even full page ads and page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the Search.hfastmapsapp.com automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Search.hfastmapsapp.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help. Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Search.hfastmapsapp.com home page.