Cyber threat analysts called ‘Search.searchfch.com‘ a browser hijacker. What is a hijacker? The hijacker is a browser extension or program that engages in behavior that is unexpected, or that negatively affects the user’s Web browsing experience. Examples include software that switches web-browser’s homepage, search engine or similar browser settings to ones you don’t want.
In addition, the Search.searchfch.com browser hijacker may also change the search provider selected in the web browser. When you try to search on the infected web-browser, you’ll be presented with search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur links that lead to undesired and ad webpages.
Another reason why you need to delete Search.searchfch.com is its online data-tracking activity. It can collect sensitive info, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and advertisements;
- browser version information.
We suggest you to delete Search.searchfch.com and free your personal computer of hijacker ASAP, until the presence of the browser hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. Perform the step-by-step tutorial below that will assist you to completely remove Search.searchfch.com start page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
Remove Search.searchfch.com from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, it is not hard to delete the Search.searchfch.com browser hijacker infection. In the following guidance, we will provide two ways to clean your system of this browser hijacker. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal method. You can choose the method that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to remove Search.searchfch.com right now!
To remove Search.searchfch.com, complete the steps below:
- How to manually remove Search.searchfch.com
- How to remove Search.searchfch.com with free software
- How to stop Search.searchfch.com redirect
How to manually remove Search.searchfch.com
The step-by-step tutorial will help you delete Search.searchfch.com redirect. These Search.searchfch.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, as well as every version of computer OS.
Remove potentially unwanted software using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to get rid of Search.searchfch.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall unknown and questionable programs from your PC system using Microsoft Windows control panel. When removing this hijacker, check the list of installed software and try to find questionable programs and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it is most probably that the Search.searchfch.com browser hijacker сame along with it.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown software.
Remove Search.searchfch.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox browser start page has replaced to Search.searchfch.com without your permission or an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their default values.
Remove Search.searchfch.com from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Google Chrome settings. Potentially unwanted programs like the Search.searchfch.com can make changes to your internet browser settings including search provider, start page and newtab, add toolbars and undesired add-ons. By resetting Google Chrome settings you will remove Search.searchfch.com and reset unwanted changes caused by hijacker. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.searchfch.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove Search.searchfch.com hijacker and other internet browser’s harmful extensions, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab page, default search engine and home page to default state.
How to remove Search.searchfch.com with free software
AntiMalware applications differ from each other by many features such as performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus programs and so on. We advise you run the following free software: Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can identify the hijacker infection and remove Search.searchfch.com from the Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
How to automatically get rid of Search.searchfch.com with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal tool. It will allow you get rid of Search.searchfch.com browser hijacker, adware, PUPs and other malware. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your computer. Zemana Free is made for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- Download Zemana Free by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) program will scan through the whole machine for the hijacker which cause a redirect to Search.searchfch.com web site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your machine. When a malicious software, ad supported software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- When that process is finished, Zemana Free will display a list of found items. Next, you need to click “Next”. When the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
How to stop Search.searchfch.com redirect
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new undesired advertisements and harmful web sites, you need to use ad blocking program that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and sites. Moreover, the application may stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block Search.searchfch.com, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help. Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Search.searchfch.com .