The Proappme.com is an one of the many misleading web-pages, which created to trick users into downloading malware to their computer. Cyber security researchers have determined that users are redirected to Proappme.com by a variety of potentially unwanted applications from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) group.
What does adware mean? Adware is something that you should be aware of even if you run Google Chrome or other modern browser. This is the name given to apps that have been made to show annoying ads and pop-up deals onto your browser screen. The reason for adware’s existence is to make profit for its creator.
The adware run in the background when you are online, and the ad supported software can slow down your computer and affect its performance. There are programs that can remove ad supported software from your machine and some of them are free and listed below, such as Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware and HitmanPro.
Does ad-supported software steal your privacy information? The ad supported software is often harmless, but sometimes the ad-supported software you inadvertently download can also be spyware. Spyware can sometimes seek out your personal data stored on the PC, gather this information and use it to steal your identity.
Below we are discussing the solutions which are very effective in removing adware. The instructions will also assist you to remove Proappme.com pop up from your internet browser for free.
Remove Proappme.com pop-ups
There are a few solutions which can be used to get rid of Proappme.com pop ups. But, not all potentially unwanted applications such as this adware can be completely removed using only manual solutions. Most commonly you are not able to uninstall any adware utilizing standard Windows options. In order to remove Proappme.com pop ups you need complete a few manual steps and run reliable removal utilities. Most computer security specialists states that Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Hitman Pro tools are a right choice. These free programs are able to scan for and remove Proappme.com pop-up from your PC and restore your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove Proappme.com popups, complete the following steps:
- Manual Proappme.com popups removal
- How to delete Proappme.com pop-ups automatically
- How to block Proappme.com
- Prevent adware from installing
- Finish words
Manual Proappme.com popups removal
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Proappme.com pop ups from the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer web-browsers.
Remove potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some programs are free only because their setup file contains an adware. This unwanted applications generates profit for the creators when it is installed. More often this adware can be deleted by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the figure below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Remove Proappme.com popup from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application, including the redirect to Proappme.com site. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Proappme.com ad supported software. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Proappme.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Proappme.com popup from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome will allow you to delete Proappme.com pop ups from your web-browser as well as to recover browser settings affected by adware. All unwanted, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ add-ons will also be removed from the internet browser. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
How to delete Proappme.com pop-ups automatically
If your system is still infected with ad-supported software that causes annoying Proappme.com popups, then the best solution of detection and removal is to run an antimalware scan on the machine. Download free malware removal tools below and start a full system scan. It will help you delete all components of the adware from hardisk and Windows registry.
How to get rid of Proappme.com pop-ups with Zemana
Zemana Anti Malware is free full featured malware removal tool. It can scan your files and Microsoft Windows registry in real-time. Zemana Free can help to delete Proappme.com popups, other potentially unwanted applications, malware and ad-supported software. It uses 1% of your PC resources. This tool has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your computer.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that cause unwanted Proappme.com pop-ups to appear. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once Zemana Free completes the scan, a list of all items found is created.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The utility will delete adware related to Proappme.com popups. When the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Proappme.com popup from web-browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that can scan your PC for a wide range of security threats like malicious software, adwares, PUPs as well as adware responsible for redirects to the Proappme.com. It will perform a deep scan of your system including hard drives and Windows registry. Once a malicious software is detected, it will allow you to delete all detected threats from your personal computer with a simple click.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your machine. Once started, click “Next” button to begin scanning your PC for the ad-supported software responsible for Proappme.com popup. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete..
When HitmanPro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will display you the results.
Once you have selected what you wish to get rid of from your system press Next button.
It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to get rid of Proappme.com pop-up
We suggest using the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your computer of the ad supported software. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal application developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you remove unwanted Proappme.com pop-up from your internet browsers, PUPs, malicious software, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free application will scan through the whole computer for the adware related to Proappme.com pop-ups. Depending on your PC system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When that process is done, MalwareBytes Free will create a list of unwanted programs ad-supported software.
- When you are ready, press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Proappme.com
Using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking applications will also protect you from harmful advertisements and pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Proappme.com and similar webpages.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Proappme.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Prevent adware from installing
Now your machine should be free of the ad supported software that responsible for internet browser redirect to the annoying Proappme.com website. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popups and annoying malicious web-sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Proappme.com popup from the Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox, then ask for help here here.