Are you facing a problem with the Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Edge web-browsers that constantly redirects to a dubious site named Movie Browsing? Then, there are chances that are your computer is affected by hijacker. It is created for the purpose of changing some web-browser settings (such as search provider by default, new tab page and home page) without the user’s consent or knowledge. If you want to change web-browser startpage or search engine back to default, you will not succeed, because the Movie Browsing hijacker is very stubborn. Using the guide below, you surely can remove Movie Browsing completely from your web browsers.
When you’re performing searches using the web-browser that has been affected with Movie Browsing, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The creators of Movie Browsing hijacker infection are most probably doing this to earn advertisement profit from the advertisements opened in the search results.
The Movie Browsing hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, can introduce changes to web browsers settings, and blocks them from modifying. Also this browser hijacker may install additional web-browser extensions and modules that will show ads and pop ups.
And finally, the Movie Browsing browser hijacker be able to collect lots of marketing-type data about you like what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes.
We recommend you to clean your system of hijacker immediately. Use the few simple steps below which will assist to remove Movie Browsing redirect and adware, which can be installed onto your PC along with it.
Remove Movie Browsing from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to remove Movie Browsing home page, start by closing any programs and pop ups that are open. If a pop up won’t close, then close your web browser (Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome). If a program won’t close then please restart your system. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Movie Browsing, follow the steps below:
- How to manually remove Movie Browsing
- Movie Browsing homepage automatic removal
- How to block Movie Browsing
- How did you get infected with Movie Browsing browser hijacker infection
- To sum up
How to manually remove Movie Browsing
The few simple steps will help you delete Movie Browsing . These Movie Browsing removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of computer OS.
Uninstall Movie Browsing related applications through the Control Panel of your PC system
The main cause of start page or search engine hijacking could be potentially unwanted applications, ad-supported software or other unwanted applications that you may have unintentionally installed on the computer. You need to find and uninstall all suspicious applications.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other apps. Next, uninstall any unrequested and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your system. Most probably, one of them is the hijacker which redirects your web browser to undesired Movie Browsing web-page. Select the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the dubious or any unknown applications, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this undesired application from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of Movie Browsing from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like new tab page, homepage and search engine by default to their default values. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox browser settings to their default state.
Remove Movie Browsing from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like home page, new tab and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of browser hijacks like Movie Browsing.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web-browser’s newtab page, search provider and home page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Movie Browsing search redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Movie Browsing homepage automatic removal
Manual removal guidance does not always help to completely delete the hijacker, as it is not easy to identify and remove components of browser hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malware removal utility to completely delete Movie Browsing off your personal computer. Several free malware removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the hijacker infection. The optimum method would be to run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and HitmanPro.
Use Zemana to delete Movie Browsing homepage
We recommend using the Zemana Anti Malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-Malware to detect and get rid of Movie Browsing from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC system.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your system. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to find browser hijacker responsible for redirects to Movie Browsing. This task can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Free will look for threats present on your computer.
- Once the scan get completed, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected.
- Once you have selected what you want to delete from your personal computer click the “Next” button. The tool will delete hijacker that changes internet browser settings to replace your new tab, start page and default search provider with Movie Browsing site and move items to the program’s quarantine. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Scan your computer and delete Movie Browsing start page with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free utility which can identify browser hijacker infection that alters web-browser settings to replace your new tab page, home page and search provider with Movie Browsing web-site. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk apps that your computer might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will search for the adware, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to remove.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is finished, open the file location and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will run the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to find browser hijacker that developed to redirect your web browser to the Movie Browsing page. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After HitmanPro has finished scanning, Hitman Pro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected as displayed on the screen below.
You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will begin to delete hijacker responsible for modifying your internet browser settings to Movie Browsing. When finished, the utility may ask you to reboot your computer.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove Movie Browsing search
Manual Movie Browsing home page removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker can be not fully removed. We advise that use the MalwareBytes Free that are fully clean your machine of browser hijacker. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as displayed on the screen below.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your machine.
Once installation is finished, you’ll see window as displayed in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button for checking your PC for the hijacker related to Movie Browsing . This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) tool is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
After MalwareBytes has finished scanning, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will create a list of undesired programs adware. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to delete hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your web browser to Movie Browsing web-site. After the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video explains steps on how to delete hijacker, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
How to block Movie Browsing
It’s important to run ad-blocker software such as AdGuard to protect your machine from malicious webpages. Most security experts says that it is okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block Movie Browsing and other undesired web sites.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, Movie Browsing redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Movie Browsing browser hijacker infection
To sum up
Now your machine should be clean of the browser hijacker that designed to redirect your browser to the Movie Browsing webpage. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and annoying malicious web sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your system for new hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Movie Browsing from the Firefox, Edge, IE and Google Chrome, then ask for help here here.