What is Important Firefox update available alert? The “Important Firefox update available” is a misleading webpage that designed to force you into installing a questionable software. Computer security professionals have determined that users are re-directed to “Important Firefox update available” scam by a variety of potentially unwanted apps from Adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) category.
Ad supported software can show lots of advertisements within the Firefox screen or redirect you to unwanted ad web sites. So, if you have found that your browser is redirected to an annoying web-site such as “Important Firefox update available”, then you do not need to wait , you need to follow the steps below. It will assist you to clean your PC system from the ad-supported software and thus delete “Important Firefox update available” pop up scam sooner.
The ad-supported software which causes misleading “Important Firefox update available” pop-up on your web-browser can attack your computer’s internet browsers like the Firefox. Maybe you approve the idea that unwanted advertisements is just a small problem. But these intrusive “Important Firefox update available” misleading ads eat computer resources and slow down your PC’s performance.
That is, it’s obvious that ad-supported software can steal marketing-type data about you such as: your ip address, what is a page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Net, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The worst is, the adware may monetize its functionality by gathering privacy info from your browsing sessions. This personal info, afterwards, can be easily sold to third party companies. This puts your personal info at a security risk.
We recommend you to remove adware and clean your PC from “Important Firefox update available” popup ads immediately, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the tutorial below that will help you to completely remove the reroute to “Important Firefox update available” annoying site, using only the built-in Microsoft Windows features and several free malware removal tools of well-known antivirus software companies.
Remove “Important Firefox update available” pop-up warnings
We can assist you remove “Important Firefox update available” from your internet browsers, without the need to take your system to a professional. Simply follow the removal instructions below if you currently have the unwanted adware on your computer and want to get rid of it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to delete the adware which created to show misleading “Important Firefox update available” popup scam within your web browser, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to shut down your browser or reboot your computer.
To remove “Important Firefox update available”, perform the steps below:
- How to manually remove “Important Firefox update available”
- How to delete “Important Firefox update available” popup with free software
- How to stop “Important Firefox update available” popup
- How to avoid install of “Important Firefox update available” pop-up warnings
- To sum up
How to manually remove “Important Firefox update available”
To remove “Important Firefox update available” pop-up scam, adware and other unwanted software you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the adware won’t show up in your program list, but some ad-supported software may. In this case, you may be able to remove it via the uninstall function of your MS Windows computer. You can do this by following the steps below.
Remove potentially unwanted software using Windows Control Panel
Some programs are free only because their setup file contains an ad supported software. This unwanted software generates money for the creators when it is installed. More often this adware can be removed by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in Microsoft Windows control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and delete all suspicious and unknown programs. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. When you have found anything questionable that may be the adware that cause misleading “Important Firefox update available” fake alerts to appear or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your PC system.
Delete “Important Firefox update available” pop up warnings from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to delete “Important Firefox update available” popup with free software
If you’re not expert at computers, then we recommend to use free removal utilities listed below to remove “Important Firefox update available” pop-up scam for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual method. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic “Important Firefox update available” removal is a better option.
How to get rid of “Important Firefox update available” fake alerts with Zemana
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti Malware which are completely clean your computer of adware that shows misleading “Important Firefox update available” popup on your machine. Moreover, the tool will help you to remove potentially unwanted software, malware, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC may be infected too.
Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana will try to update itself and when this task is done, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes multiple misleading “Important Firefox update available” alerts and popups.
This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware utility is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware. You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will begin to get rid of adware that created to display misleading “Important Firefox update available” popup scam within your web-browser.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of “Important Firefox update available” pop up from internet browser
Hitman Pro is a portable tool that detects and removes undesired apps like hijackers, ad-supported software, toolbars, other internet browser extensions and other malware. It scans your computer for adware that causes browsers to show misleading “Important Firefox update available” popup and creates a list of items marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only remove those undesired apps that you wish to be removed.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware that causes misleading “Important Firefox update available” pop-up on your internet browser. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- When the system scan is finished, Hitman Pro will display a scan report. Once you have selected what you wish to get rid of from your computer press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to remove “Important Firefox update available” with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system of the ad-supported software. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you remove intrusive “Important Firefox update available” fake alerts from your internet browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which cause misleading “Important Firefox update available” fake alerts to appear. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the system scan is done, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display a list of found items. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the clean up is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a guidance on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
How to stop “Important Firefox update available” popup
It is also critical to protect your browsers from malicious web-pages and advertisements by using an ad-blocking application such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your personal computer from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up ads, “Important Firefox update available” scam, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How to avoid install of “Important Firefox update available” pop-up warnings
To sum up
Now your PC system should be free of the ad supported software which displays misleading “Important Firefox update available” pop-up warnings on your computer. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your machine for new ad supported softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent any ad-supported software, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find PUPs.
If you need more help with “Important Firefox update available” popup warnings related issues, go to here.