Are you facing a problem with the Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox and IE web browsers that constantly redirects to a suspicious webpage named Search.alivesearch.com? Then, there are chances that are your machine is hijacked by browser hijacker. It is created for the purpose of modifying certain browser settings (like newtab, search engine and home page) without the user’s consent or knowledge. If you want to change web-browser homepage or search engine back to default, you will not succeed, because the Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker infection is very stubborn. But with the help of the guide below, you surely can delete Search.alivesearch.com completely from your web browsers.
When you perform a search through Search.alivesearch.com, in addition to search results from Yahoo, Bing or Google Custom Search that provide links to web pages, news articles, images or videos you’ll also be shown tons of annoying ads. The devs behind Search.alivesearch.com doing this to make advertising revenue from these advertisements.
It is not a good idea to have an undesired application like Search.alivesearch.com hijacker on your system. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The hijacker can collect a wide variety of user information which may be later transferred third party companies. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the Search.alivesearch.com website.
Therefore it’s very important to clean your computer of hijacker infection sooner. Follow the steps below to remove Search.alivesearch.com startpage, as well as other malware and adware, which can be installed onto your PC system along with it.
How to remove Search.alivesearch.com from PC
We advise opting for automatic Search.alivesearch.com removal in order to remove all hijacker related entries easily. This way requires scanning the personal computer with reputable anti-malware, e.g. Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can follow the tutorial below in this blog post. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your computer or close this webpage. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Search.alivesearch.com, execute the following steps:
- Remove Search.alivesearch.com search without any tools
- How to automatically delete Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker
- Stop Search.alivesearch.com redirect and other undesired sites
- Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker?
- To sum up
Remove Search.alivesearch.com search without any tools
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Search.alivesearch.com start page from the Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
Uninstall suspicious applications using Windows Control Panel
Some applications are free only because their installer contains a hijacker like the Search.alivesearch.com. This unwanted software generates revenue for the developers when it is installed. Many browser hijackers can be deleted by simply uninstalling them from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in Microsoft Windows control panel.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other programs. Next, delete any unrequested and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your PC. Most likely, one of them is the hijacker which developed to reroute your web browser to the Search.alivesearch.com web page. Choose the dubious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the dubious or any unknown software, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this unwanted program from your system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of Search.alivesearch.com search from Mozilla Firefox
The Firefox reset will remove unwanted search provider and homepage like Search.alivesearch.com, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox web-browser settings to their default state.
Remove Search.alivesearch.com from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s newtab page, search engine by default and startpage that have been modified by hijacker infection.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Search.alivesearch.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser new tab, search provider by default and home page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your machine.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker responsible for redirections to Search.alivesearch.com, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as default search provider, new tab and homepage to default state.
How to automatically delete Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker
The manual instructions above is tedious to follow and can not always help to completely remove the Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker. Here I am telling you an automatic way to delete this browser hijacker from your PC system completely. Zemana Free, MalwareBytes and HitmanPro are antimalware tools that can find and remove all kinds of malware including hijacker responsible for Search.alivesearch.com .
Run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to get rid of Search.alivesearch.com
You can remove Search.alivesearch.com homepage automatically with a help of Zemana. We advise this malware removal tool because it can easily get rid of hijackers, PUPs, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Installing the Zemana is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on your PC system by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the download is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, run the setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Zemana Free on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Anti Malware will automatically start and you can see its main window as displayed on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the hijacker infection which cause Search.alivesearch.com page to appear. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will detect threats present on your PC system.
When the scan get finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will prepare a list of unwanted programs adware. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your PC system click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will remove hijacker that redirects your internet browser to unwanted Search.alivesearch.com webpage. When the task is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Search.alivesearch.com start page
If Zemana Free cannot delete this hijacker, then we advises to use the HitmanPro. The HitmanPro is a free powerful, professional removal utility for malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars as well as browser hijacker responsible for redirects to Search.alivesearch.com. It completely removes all traces and remnants of the infection.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will run the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to launch the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to start checking your machine for the Search.alivesearch.com hijacker infection and other web browser’s malicious add-ons. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient.
After the system scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report as shown below.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will remove browser hijacker that redirects your web browser to unwanted Search.alivesearch.com webpage. Once finished, the utility may ask you to reboot your computer.
Scan and clean your PC system of hijacker with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your machine of the browser hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you delete browser hijacker infections, PUPs, malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your PC system from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Search.alivesearch.com web-site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your personal computer. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the system scan is finished, MalwareBytes Free will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected.
- Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Search.alivesearch.com redirect and other undesired sites
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying web-sites such as Search.alivesearch.com using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block annoying web-browser redirects, ads and pop-ups in any modern web-browsers including Firefox, Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. It’s called Adguard and it works very well.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop advertisements, Search.alivesearch.com redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker?
These days some freeware authors bundle bundled apps that could be PUPs like the Search.alivesearch.com browser hijacker, with a view to making some money. These are not free software as install an unwanted apps on to your Windows personal computer. So whenever you install a new free program that downloaded from the Net, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), choose custom or manual installation type, reject all optional applications.
To sum up
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from this browser hijacker infection and other malicious software. The Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and IE will no longer open intrusive Search.alivesearch.com website on startup. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Search.alivesearch.com redirect.