Are you facing a problem with the Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browsers that constantly redirects to a questionable web-site named Tech-support1.com? Then, there are chances that are your system is infected by PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category. It is created for the purpose of displaying a huge number of advertisements without the user’s consent or permission. If you want to remove unwanted ads, you will not succeed, because the ad-supported software is very stubborn. Using the following tutorial, you surely can remove Tech-support1.com pop-up ads completely from your web browsers.
The ad-supported software that causes lots of unwanted Tech-support1.com pop ups, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the adware can install additional web-browser extensions and modules that will inject advertising links within the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and IE’s screen.
The worst is, the adware can be used to collect privacy data such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This privacy data, later, may be sold to third party companies.
The guide below explaining steps to get rid of Tech-support1.com popups problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the adware that may attack Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome and other popular web-browsers. The steps will allow you remove adware and thereby clean your web browser from all intrusive ads.
How to remove Tech-support1.com pop up ads
The following few simple steps will help you to get rid of Tech-support1.com popup ads from the MS Edge, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Moreover, the few simple steps below will help you to remove malicious software, hijacker infections, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected. Please do the tutorial step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or restart your computer.
To remove Tech-support1.com, follow the steps below:
- Remove Tech-support1.com advertisements without any tools
- Remove Tech-support1.com ads with free applications
- Block Tech-support1.com pop ups and other undesired websites
- How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Tech-support1.com pop ups
- To sum up
Remove Tech-support1.com advertisements without any tools
If you perform exactly the tutorial below you should be able to delete the Tech-support1.com popup ads from the MS Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer web-browsers.
Delete potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the machine cleanup is to uninstall unknown and questionable programs. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox from popup advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all questionable and unknown software. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. When you’ve found anything dubious that may be the adware that responsible for the appearance of Tech-support1.com advertisements or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your PC.
Delete Tech-support1.com pop up ads from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad-supported software that causes multiple undesired popup advertisements.
First, start the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware which redirects your web browser to intrusive Tech-support1.com page, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like new tab, start page and default search engine to default state.
Remove Tech-support1.com pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the ad-supported software, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s new tab page, default search engine and startpage that have been changed by adware related to Tech-support1.com popup ads.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s search provider, homepage and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Tech-support1.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like home page, default search engine and new tab page to their original state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware which causes undesired Tech-support1.com pop-up ads. When, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Tech-support1.com ads with free applications
After completing the manual removal steps above all unwanted software, malicious web-browser’s add-ons and adware related to Tech-support1.com pop ups should be uninstalled. If the problem with Tech-support1.com pop-up ads is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free adware removal programs below.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove Tech-support1.com
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can find out security threats such ad-supported software and adwares which most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Tech-support1.com pop-up ads removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Click the following link to download Zemana. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware responsible for redirects to Tech-support1.com. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Free will search for threats present on your computer.
- When Zemana Free has completed scanning your computer, you’ll be shown the list of all found items on your PC.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Next” button. The tool will remove ad supported software related to Tech-support1.com pop-up advertisements. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Scan your computer and remove Tech-support1.com pop-up ads with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free tool which can look for ad supported software responsible for redirecting your web browser to Tech-support1.com page. It’s not always easy to locate all the unwanted applications that your system might have picked up on the World Wide Web. Hitman Pro will search for the adware, browser hijacker infections and other malicious software you need to erase.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that responsible for web browser redirect to the unwanted Tech-support1.com site. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the HitmanPro tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- After the scan get completed, HitmanPro will open you the results. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Tech-support1.com popup advertisements
Manual Tech-support1.com popups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine of adware. Moreover, the free application will help you to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, hijackers and toolbars that your system can be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your computer for the ad supported software that responsible for web browser reroute to the annoying Tech-support1.com webpage. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
After the scan is finished, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found. Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your computer click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will remove adware that responsible for web-browser reroute to the intrusive Tech-support1.com website. When disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to remove ‘ad supported’ software, hijacker and other malicious software.
Block Tech-support1.com pop ups and other undesired websites
By installing an ad blocking application like AdGuard, you’re able to block Tech-support1.com, autoplaying video ads and remove a large amount of distracting and annoying ads on sites.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up advertisements, web-pages such as Tech-support1.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Tech-support1.com pop ups
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the steps shown above, your PC system should be free from adware related to Tech-support1.com pop up ads and other malware. The Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various unwanted web-sites like Tech-support1.com. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help here.