Cyber threat analysts named the SocialHub a browser hijacker. What is a browser hijacker? The browser hijacker is a web browser plugin or application that engages in behavior that is unexpected, or that negatively affects the user’s Net surfing experience. Examples include software that switches web-browser’s home page, search engine or some other browser settings to ones you don’t want. You probably want to know methods of removing SocialHub as well as to revert back your internet browser’s new tab, search provider and home page. In the guide below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
As mentioned above, the SocialHub browser hijacker also alters the internet browser’s search engine. So, your browser, when searching something, will show a hodgepodge of ads, links to undesired and ad pages and search results from the big search engines such as Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a web browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it can also lead to slowing or even freeze your internet browser.
Often, the computer which has been affected by SocialHub hijacker, will be also infected by adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) which shows lots of various ads. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware can replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious advertisements which will offer to download and install malicious software and undesired software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web sites.
We advise you to free your personal computer of hijacker infection as soon as possible. Use the steps below which will assist to get rid of SocialHub and adware, which can be installed onto your machine along with it.
Remove SocialHub from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to delete SocialHub from the Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer and set your favorite homepage and search provider, you need to reset the web browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other dubious entries, such as files, applications, web browser extensions and shortcuts. However, if you want to remove SocialHub easily, you should run reputable anti-malware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove SocialHub, perform the steps below:
- Manual SocialHub start page removal
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely get rid of SocialHub
- Block SocialHub and other intrusive web-sites
- Prevent SocialHub browser hijacker from installing
- Finish words
Manual SocialHub start page removal
Steps to delete SocialHub hijacker without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step instructions completely to fully get rid of this unwanted SocialHub .
Uninstalling the SocialHub, check the list of installed programs first
Some programs are free only because their installation package contains a hijacker such as the SocialHub. This unwanted apps generates money for the authors when it is installed. Many hijackers can be removed by simply uninstalling them from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown programs.
Remove SocialHub from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete hijacker responsible for redirections to SocialHub, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like search provider by default, new tab and homepage to default state.
Get rid of SocialHub from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove SocialHub, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove SocialHub from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the browser hijacker, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s newtab, default search engine and start page that have been replaced by SocialHub browser hijacker infection.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your internet browser’s newtab page, search engine and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely get rid of SocialHub
If you’re unsure how to delete SocialHub hijacker easily, consider using automatic browser hijacker infection removal software that listed below. It will identify the hijacker responsible for changing your web-browser settings to SocialHub and remove it from your computer for free.
How to automatically delete SocialHub with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a free program for Microsoft Windows OS to scan for and get rid of PUPs, adware, harmful web browser plugins, browser toolbars, and other undesired software such as hijacker related to SocialHub , installed on your computer.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker which modifies browser settings to replace your startpage, default search engine and new tab with SocialHub web site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your machine.
- After Zemana has finished scanning your personal computer, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will open a scan report.
- You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press the “Next” button. The utility will delete browser hijacker infection that cause SocialHub site to appear and move items to the program’s quarantine. When the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to remove SocialHub from the machine
Hitman Pro is a free program that created to get rid of malware, PUPs, ad supported software and hijacker infections from your computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to identify and delete browser hijacker infection responsible for redirects to SocialHub, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is finished, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to scan for browser hijacker that responsible for web-browser reroute to the undesired SocialHub web page. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When Hitman Pro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will display a list of all threats detected by the scan. When you are ready, click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to delete browser hijacker
You can remove SocialHub redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool will begin scanning the whole system to find out hijacker related to SocialHub search. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) has completed scanning, MalwareBytes will prepare a list of unwanted programs ad-supported software.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block SocialHub and other intrusive web-sites
Use ad blocking program such as AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your personal computer performance and impact your system security. Surf the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop popup ads, SocialHub redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
Prevent SocialHub browser hijacker from installing
Now your machine should be clean of the hijacker infection which redirects your web-browser to annoying SocialHub web site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and intrusive harmful web sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijackers and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of SocialHub startpage from the MS Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.