Experienced security specialists have confirmed that the Internet-start.net is a browser hijacker. When downloaded and opened onto a computer, this hijacker infection quickly modifies the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and MS Edge internet browser’s settings like start page, new tab and default search provider to its own web-page without any permission. For this reason, every time you launch the affected internet browser, it being re-directed to the Internet-start.net. Even though you have removed its address from your internet browser’s settings, after restart your web-browser, the annoying page still appears.
While redirecting, your browser’s status bar may show the following messages: ‘Waiting for Internet-start.net’, ‘Transferring data from Internet-start.net’, ‘Looking up Internet-start.net’, ‘Read Internet-start.net’, ‘Connected to Internet-start.net’.
Except that the Internet-start.net changes internet browser’s start page and newtab, it also rewrites your search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the internet browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a large amount of ads, links to undesired and ad websites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from well-known search providers like Google or Bing.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain hijackers like Internet-start.net to also modify all web-browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your browser to undesired web-pages, some of which might be harmful. It can make the whole computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Therefore it’s very important to free your computer of browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Follow the instructions below to get rid of Internet-start.net redirect, as well as other malware and adware, which can be installed onto your computer along with it.
How to remove Internet-start.net from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, it is not hard to delete the Internet-start.net browser hijacker. In the following steps, we will provide two methods to clean your PC of this browser hijacker. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal way. You can select the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal tutorial below to get rid of Internet-start.net right now!
To remove Internet-start.net, use the steps below:
- Get rid of Internet-start.net without any tools
- Internet-start.net redirect automatic removal
- How to block Internet-start.net
- How to avoid installation of Internet-start.net hijacker
- Finish words
Get rid of Internet-start.net without any tools
To remove Internet-start.net browser hijacker, adware and other unwanted apps you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the hijacker infections won’t show up in your program list, but some hijackers may. In this case, you may be able to remove it through the uninstall function of your MS Windows computer. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Remove Internet-start.net associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of Internet-start.net from Firefox
If your Firefox browser start page has changed to Internet-start.net without your permission or an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, press the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Internet-start.net hijacker and other web browser’s malicious plugins. When, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Internet-start.net from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the browser search engine by default, new tab page and start page that have been replaced by the Internet-start.net hijacker.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Internet-start.net from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s homepage, newtab and search provider by default to default state.
Clean up the browsers shortcuts that have been affected by browser hijacker
Unfortunately, the hijacker which cause Internet-start.net web-page to appear, can also hijack Windows shortcuts (mostly, your web browsers shortcut files), so that the Internet-start.net home page will be displayed when you start the IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge or another web-browser.
Open the properties of the internet browser shortcut file. Right click on the shortcut of affected browser and select the “Properties” option and it’ll show the properties of the shortcut file. Next, select the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as shown in the following example.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts that have been modified by hijacker responsible for redirects to Internet-start.net, usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe like below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks like …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as on the image below.
In order to fix the affected shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts that have been changed by hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Internet-start.net site.
|Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Mozilla Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is finished, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all internet browsers that are redirected to the Internet-start.net unwanted site.
Internet-start.net redirect automatic removal
Manual removal guide may not be for everyone. Each Internet-start.net removal step above, such as removing suspicious programs, restoring infected shortcut files, removing the hijacker from system settings, must be performed very carefully. If you are have doubts about the steps above, then we recommend that you use the automatic Internet-start.net removal guide listed below.
Scan and free your computer of Internet-start.net with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
You can delete Internet-start.net automatically with a help of Zemana Anti Malware. We suggest this malicious software removal tool because it may easily delete hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Free. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker responsible for Internet-start.net . While the Zemana program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- Once Zemana Anti-Malware has completed scanning your machine, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display a list of detected items.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press the “Next” button. The tool will remove hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Internet-start.net and move items to the program’s quarantine. When the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Scan your PC and remove Internet-start.net with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and use to remove hijackers, adware, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can run this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. When the utility is opened, you will see a screen as displayed on the image below.
Further, press “Next” button for checking your machine for the browser hijacker that responsible for internet browser reroute to the unwanted Internet-start.net page. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report as displayed on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically delete Internet-start.net with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find and remove Internet-start.net from your computer. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the computer.
Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out hijacker that created to redirect your web-browser to the Internet-start.net page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After the scan get completed, MalwareBytes Free will display a scan report. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes will begin to delete browser hijacker responsible for Internet-start.net search. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to remove adware, browser hijacker infection and other malicious software.
How to block Internet-start.net
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious webpages and advertisements by using an ad blocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block unwanted ads, Internet-start.net redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Internet-start.net hijacker
These days certain free applications creators bundle third-party programs that could be PUPs like the Internet-start.net browser hijacker infection, with a view to making some money. These are not free software as install an unwanted software on to your Windows personal computer. So whenever you install a new free program that downloaded from the Net, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), choose custom or manual install mode, reject all bundled programs.
Now your PC system should be clean of the hijacker responsible for redirects to Internet-start.net. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your PC system for new browser hijackers and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired popups and harmful websites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find out potentially unwanted apps.
If you need more help with Internet-start.net search related issues, go to here.