If you are reading this blog post, then it means that you are seeing the MyFirstTab instead of your home page or when you open a new tab or perform an internet search you’re automatically re-directed to this unwanted website. All of these problems with your PC caused by hijacker, which is often installs on the system by some freeware. You probably want to know ways of removing MyFirstTab as well as to restore your browser’s default search provider, homepage and new tab page. In the few simple steps below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
When the MyFirstTab hijacker infection is installed on a PC, it might:
- set MyFirstTab as search provider by default, newtab page, and startpage;
- prevent users from modifying search engine or home page address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored web-sites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- randomly redirects to questionable webpages;
- display intrusive ads;
- gather Net browsing habits and sell it to third party companies.
Another reason why you need to get rid of MyFirstTab is its online data-tracking activity. It can gather user info, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and ads;
- browser version information.
As evident, the browser hijacker is a potentially undesired program and should not be used. If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you to follow steps below to remove the browser hijacker and get rid of MyFirstTab from your web browser settings.
How to remove MyFirstTab startpage
In the step-by-step tutorial below we will have a look at the browser hijacker infection and how to remove MyFirstTab from Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer internet browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your PC or exit this web-site. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove MyFirstTab, complete the following steps:
- Manual MyFirstTab search removal
- How to automatically remove MyFirstTab hijacker
- How to stop MyFirstTab
- How did MyFirstTab browser hijacker get on your personal computer
- Finish words
Manual MyFirstTab search removal
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to get rid of the MyFirstTab from the Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Uninstall MyFirstTab related applications through the Control Panel of your computer
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, adware apps and browser hijacker infections through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove MyFirstTab home page from IE
In order to restore all web browser default search provider, newtab and homepage you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove MyFirstTab from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to MyFirstTab web-site. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their original settings.
Delete MyFirstTab search from Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings like home page, new tab and search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser hijacks such as MyFirstTab.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s newtab, search provider and home page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove MyFirstTab hijacker
There are not many good free anti malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, ad-supported software, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We recommend to use several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you delete all components of the browser hijacker infection from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove MyFirstTab redirect.
How to delete MyFirstTab with Zemana Free
Zemana AntiMalware highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and browser hijacker infections that most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any MyFirstTab browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Visit the following page to download Zemana Free. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the download is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, open the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, Zemana AntiMalware will automatically launch and you can see its main window as displayed on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker responsible for redirections to MyFirstTab. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
When the scan is finished, Zemana Free will display a list of detected threats. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove browser hijacker that responsible for web browser redirect to the annoying MyFirstTab web site. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
Scan and free your machine of browser hijacker with HitmanPro
HitmanPro will help delete hijacker that developed to reroute your internet browser to the MyFirstTab site that slow down your computer. The hijackers, ad supported software and other potentially unwanted programs slow your internet browser down and try to trick you into clicking on dubious ads and links. Hitman Pro removes the browser hijacker and lets you enjoy your PC system without MyFirstTab start page.
Download Hitman Pro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the utility is opened, you will see a screen as displayed in the figure below.
Further, click “Next” button to search for browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to MyFirstTab. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. When the scanning is done, the results are displayed in the scan report as on the image below.
Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your personal computer click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Scan and free your PC of hijacker with Malwarebytes
Manual MyFirstTab search removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your system of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software, ad-supported software and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to scan for hijacker that reroutes your internet browser to undesired MyFirstTab site. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once MalwareBytes Anti-Malware has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Free will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop MyFirstTab
By installing an ad blocker program like AdGuard, you’re able to stop MyFirstTab, autoplaying video ads and delete a ton of distracting and undesired ads on webpages.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-ups, webpages such as MyFirstTab, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How did MyFirstTab browser hijacker get on your personal computer
Many of the free programs out there install unwanted browser toolbars, adware and PUPs like the hijacker which cause MyFirstTab web-page to appear along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing free applications in order to avoid accidentally installing bundled apps. It’s important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and choose the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation method as it will typically disclose what bundled programs will also be installed.
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your machine should be free from browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to MyFirstTab and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer will no longer show undesired MyFirstTab web site on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.