If your internet browser search engine has modified to the BestMovies Search Plus, then it is possible that you’ve an hijacker installed on your computer. It means that an undesired application has taken over and changed some settings of installed internet browsers, without your desire or permission. So, if the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and IE start page, default search engine and newtab page has been modified or your web-browser being rerouted to the webpage you never intended to visit, then it’s a sign that you need to clean up your system as soon as possible in order to get rid of undesired BestMovies Search Plus .
In order to force you to use BestMovies Search Plus as often as possible this hijacker infection can alter your internet browsers’ search provider. You may even find that your system’s browser shortcuts and Windows HOSTS file are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The makers of this hijacker infection do so in order to generate money via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on ads which placed on the BestMovies Search Plus generates revenue for them.
Although, BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it makes changes to current settings of installed browsers. Moreover, an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) may be additionally installed on to your computer by this browser hijacker, that will show a large amount of advertisements, or even massive full page ads that blocks surfing the Internet. Often such these advertisements can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted software or visit harmful websites.
It’s important, don’t use BestMovies Search Plus site and don’t click on advertisements placed on it, as they may lead you to a more malicious or misleading websites. The best option is to use the few simple steps posted below to free your machine of browser hijacker, get rid of the BestMovies Search Plus startpage, and thus restore your previous startpage and search engine.
How to remove BestMovies Search Plus from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The following few simple steps will help you to delete BestMovies Search Plus search from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, IE and MS Edge. Moreover, the few simple steps below will allow you to get rid of malware such as potentially unwanted programs, ad supported software and toolbars that your PC may be infected. Please do the guidance step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this web-page. So, please read the step-by-step instructions carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove BestMovies Search Plus, complete the following steps:
- How to manually remove BestMovies Search Plus
- How to automatically remove BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker
- How to block BestMovies Search Plus
- Don’t know how your browser has been hijacked by BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker infection?
- Finish words
How to manually remove BestMovies Search Plus
Steps to remove BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step instructions completely to fully get rid of this annoying BestMovies Search Plus home page.
Removing the BestMovies Search Plus, check the list of installed programs first
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the application that causes the appearance of undesired advertisements or internet browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all applications installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove BestMovies Search Plus from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to BestMovies Search Plus site.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to BestMovies Search Plus website. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove BestMovies Search Plus from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as new tab, default search engine and home page having been hijacked, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to BestMovies Search Plus, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like default search provider, newtab and startpage to default state.
Remove BestMovies Search Plus home page from Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the internet browser new tab, search engine and startpage that have been changed by the BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker.
- First run the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web browser’s startpage, search engine by default and newtab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker
Manual removal instructions does not always allow to completely get rid of the browser hijacker infection, as it is not easy to identify and get rid of components of browser hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malicious software removal tool to completely remove BestMovies Search Plus off your computer. Several free malicious software removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the hijacker. The optimum solution would be to run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro.
Automatically remove BestMovies Search Plus redirect with Zemana Anti Malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). You can download and install Zemana to detect and delete BestMovies Search Plus start page from your system. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the PC.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup like below.
When the install starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Zemana Anti Malware on your computer.
Once setup is finished, you will see window as displayed in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker which designed to redirect your browser to the BestMovies Search Plus site. Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
After Zemana Anti Malware has finished scanning, you’ll be displayed the list of all found threats on your machine. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will start to remove hijacker which modifies web-browser settings to replace your home page, new tab and search provider by default with BestMovies Search Plus website.
Use HitmanPro to remove BestMovies Search Plus from the computer
HitmanPro is a portable tool which identifies and deletes unwanted software like hijackers, ad-supported software, toolbars, other browser add-ons and other malicious software. It scans your system for hijacker that redirects your internet browser to unwanted BestMovies Search Plus site and prepares a list of threats marked for removal. HitmanPro will only erase those unwanted applications that you wish to be removed.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to begin scanning your computer for the hijacker related to BestMovies Search Plus . When a malware, ‘ad supported’ software or potentially unwanted apps are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When finished, a list of all items detected is produced. Next, you need to click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove BestMovies Search Plus search with Malwarebytes
Manual BestMovies Search Plus homepage removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker infection may be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the hijacker responsible for redirections to BestMovies Search Plus. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scan get completed, MalwareBytes will create a list of undesired and adware. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is done, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a step by step guidance on how to get rid of hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
How to block BestMovies Search Plus
We suggest to install an ad blocking program that can block BestMovies Search Plus and other annoying webpages. The adblocker utility such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the Internet and blocks access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocking applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, sites like BestMovies Search Plus, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Don’t know how your browser has been hijacked by BestMovies Search Plus browser hijacker infection?
Now your machine should be free of the browser hijacker responsible for redirections to BestMovies Search Plus. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and unwanted harmful sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your machine for new hijackers and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete BestMovies Search Plus search from the Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.