The appearance Luckyducksearch.com instead of your homepage or search engine is a classic sign of potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the browser hijacker family that installed on your PC. Moreover, the browser hijacker can lead to weird web browser behavior (freezing/crash), delays when starting a new browser window or delays when searching for anything on the World Wide Web. We think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your personal computer. Complete the tutorial below that will help you to get rid of Luckyducksearch.com homepage and clean your web-browser from the browser hijacker using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
In order to force you to use Luckyducksearch.com as often as possible this hijacker can alter your internet browsers’ search engine. You may even find that your PC system’s browser shortcuts and Microsoft Windows HOSTS file are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The developers of this browser hijacker do so in order to make revenue via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on advertisements which placed on the Luckyducksearch.com generates revenue for them.
It’s probably that you might be worried with the browser hijacker responsible for redirections to Luckyducksearch.com. You should not disregard this undesired software. The hijacker might not only alter your start page or search engine, but reroute your browser to shady web-sites. What is more, the browser hijacker infection can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your user data and, afterwards, can transfer it third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to delete Luckyducksearch.com from your web browser.
Most often, the Luckyducksearch.com browser hijacker infection affects most common browsers like Internet Explorer, Edge, FF and Chrome. But such browser hijackers as well can infect other browsers by modifying its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the browser, it will show Luckyducksearch.com web-page. Even if you setup your startpage again, the unwanted Luckyducksearch.com site will be the first thing that you see when you open the internet browser.
It’s important, don’t use Luckyducksearch.com page and do not click on advertisements placed on it, as they can lead you to a more harmful or misleading sites. The best option is to use the tutorial posted below to clean your PC system of hijacker, remove the Luckyducksearch.com , and thus return your previous homepage and search engine.
How to remove Luckyducksearch.com redirect
There are exist several free hijacker removal tools. Also it is possible to delete Luckyducksearch.com homepage manually. But we suggest to combine all these methods below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the instructions. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this web-page. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Luckyducksearch.com, execute the following steps:
- How to remove Luckyducksearch.com without any software
- Uninstall potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to remove Luckyducksearch.com
- Remove Luckyducksearch.com from FF by resetting browser settings
- Remove Luckyducksearch.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Luckyducksearch.com search from Google Chrome
- Scan your computer and delete Luckyducksearch.com with free tools
- Use AdBlocker to stop Luckyducksearch.com and stay safe online
- Method of Luckyducksearch.com browser hijacker infection intrusion into your system
- To sum up
How to remove Luckyducksearch.com without any software
The guidance will help you remove Luckyducksearch.com redirect. These Luckyducksearch.com removal steps work for the MS Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the application that causes the appearance of unwanted ads or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all dubious and unknown software. We advise to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Luckyducksearch.com or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your PC system.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to remove Luckyducksearch.com
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut file referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut file that you use to launch your browser. Next, choose the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser that is redirected to the Luckyducksearch.com or other intrusive web site.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Luckyducksearch.com web page can modify the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you start your browser. Depending on the browser you’re using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text similar to “http://site.addres” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as on the image below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you run the browser from this desktop shortcut file, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Luckyducksearch.com page or any other unwanted web-pages. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Luckyducksearch.com from FF by resetting browser settings
The FF reset will keep your personal information such as bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data and delete unwanted search provider and homepage such as Luckyducksearch.com, modified preferences, extensions and security settings.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Luckyducksearch.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, open the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown in the following example.
Once the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s search engine, homepage and new tab page to default state.
Get rid of Luckyducksearch.com search from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as new tab, startpage and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of internet browser hijacks such as Luckyducksearch.com.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Scan your computer and delete Luckyducksearch.com with free tools
In order to completely get rid of Luckyducksearch.com, you not only need to remove it from the internet browsers, but also get rid of all its components in your PC including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and use free removal tools to automatically clean your computer of Luckyducksearch.com hijacker.
Use Zemana AntiMalware to remove Luckyducksearch.com
We recommend you to run the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the utility will allow you to remove PUPs, malware, toolbars and adware that your computer can be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Anti Malware. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out browser hijacker infection responsible for Luckyducksearch.com redirect. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When the scan get finished, Zemana will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected.
- You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press the “Next” button. The utility will start to delete browser hijacker that causes web-browsers to show unwanted Luckyducksearch.com web site. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove Luckyducksearch.com redirect with Malwarebytes
You can remove Luckyducksearch.com redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijacker infections, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Luckyducksearch.com site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes will look for threats exist on your computer.
- After the scan get finished, MalwareBytes will show you the results. In order to get rid of all items, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. After the cleaning procedure is complete, you can be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a step by step guide on how to remove browser hijacker infections, ad-supported software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Double-check for potentially unwanted programs with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It can scan and delete hijacker that causes internet browsers to show undesired Luckyducksearch.com web-page, malware, PUPs and adware from machine (MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby return browsers default settings (start page, new tab and default search engine). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to scan for and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Visit the following page to download AdwCleaner. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
After the downloading process is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once the tool is started, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, click “Scan” button to scan for browser hijacker that responsible for internet browser reroute to the unwanted Luckyducksearch.com site. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. After that process is complete, AdwCleaner will open a list of found threats as displayed below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt as on the image below.
You need to click “OK”. When that process is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your system. When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to stop Luckyducksearch.com and stay safe online
If you browse the Internet, you can’t avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and use an ad-blocking application. AdGuard is an ad blocking that can filter out a large amount of of the malvertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
Installing the AdGuard adblocker program is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the downloading process is complete, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop ads, pages such as Luckyducksearch.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Method of Luckyducksearch.com browser hijacker infection intrusion into your system
Most often, the Luckyducksearch.com hijacker is bundled within the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find a bundled browser hijacker. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, select the Custom or Advanced installation type. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you may end up with another unwanted program on your personal computer like this hijacker infection.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be free of the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your web browser to Luckyducksearch.com web-page. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and intrusive harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your system for new browser hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Luckyducksearch.com startpage from the MS Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.