There are many types of malware, the most common type is the web browser hijacker. The browser hijacker like VideoNet Search have a negative impact on the functioning of your personal computer by changing certain settings of installed browsers. The main function of any hijacker is reroute you to an undesired web site, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to manually open your homepage, your web browser is anyway show another web-site.
The hijacker infection, which set the VideoNet Search as your home page can also set this intrusive web site as your search provider. You will encounter the fact that the search in the web-browser has become uncomfortable to use, because the search results will consist of tons of ads, links to ad and undesired web sites and a small amount of regular links, which are obtained from a search in the major search engines. Therefore, look for something using VideoNet Search web page would be a waste of time or worse, it may lead to even more infected computer.
The VideoNet Search browser hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, can introduce changes to current settings of installed internet browsers, and blocks them from changing. Also this browser hijacker may install additional web-browser extensions and modules that will open advertisements and pop-ups. And finally, the VideoNet Search browser hijacker can be used to gather a wide variety of confidential information about you such as what sites you’re opening, what you’re looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be transferred to third parties.
The VideoNet Search browser hijacker mostly affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The hijacker will perform a scan of the PC for web browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the browser, you will see the VideoNet Search unwanted page.
So, it’s very important to free your computer of browser hijacker sooner. The step by step instructions, which is shown below, will assist you to remove VideoNet Search redirect from the Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and FF and other browsers.
How to remove VideoNet Search from system
Even if you have the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you’ve checked your personal computer for malware and removed anything found, you need to do the tutorial below. The VideoNet Search hijacker infection removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus programs are not made to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Microsoft Windows. Instead we recommend complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or AdwCleaner, which are free software dedicated to scan for and remove malware like VideoNet Search hijacker. Use these utilities to ensure the hijacker infection is removed.
To remove VideoNet Search, use the steps below:
- How to remove VideoNet Search redirect without any software
- How to automatically remove VideoNet Search browser hijacker
- Block VideoNet Search redirect and other intrusive pages
- How was VideoNet Search hijacker infection installed on system
- Finish words
How to remove VideoNet Search redirect without any software
The useful removal guide for the VideoNet Search . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of VideoNet Search redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Removing the VideoNet Search, check the list of installed programs first
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software applications and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your PC. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker which redirects your browser to annoying VideoNet Search web page. If you have many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of software installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most probably, it’s the hijacker responsible for redirects to VideoNet Search. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ like below.
Fix browser shortcuts, changed by VideoNet Search hijacker infection
Once installed, the browser hijacker that alters browser settings to replace your search provider by default, startpage and newtab with VideoNet Search site, may add an argument similar to “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and Internet Explorer. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will open an intrusive page.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut file, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.
Remove VideoNet Search from Mozilla Firefox
If the FF settings like startpage, search engine by default and newtab have been modified by the browser hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Get rid of VideoNet Search homepage from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser new tab page, start page and default search provider you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your machine.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of VideoNet Search homepage from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the hijacker infection, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s default search engine, start page and newtab that have been modified by VideoNet Search hijacker infection.
- First launch the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your browser’s start page, search engine and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove VideoNet Search browser hijacker
Manual removal guidance does not always allow to completely remove the browser hijacker, as it’s not easy to identify and get rid of components of browser hijacker infection and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malicious software removal utility to completely remove VideoNet Search off your system. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker. The optimum solution would be to use Zemana Anti Malware, Malwarebytes Free and AdwCleaner.
Scan and free your computer of VideoNet Search with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
You can remove VideoNet Search automatically with a help of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). We suggest this malicious software removal utility because it may easily get rid of browser hijackers, potentially unwanted apps, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the VideoNet Search hijacker and other internet browser’s harmful extensions. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti Malware will display a scan report. When you are ready, click “Next”. Once the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Use Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
You can get rid of VideoNet Search start page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes on your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to detect hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your browser to VideoNet Search web-site. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
When MalwareBytes Anti Malware completes the scan, you will be shown the list of all found threats on your PC system. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will begin to get rid of hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the intrusive VideoNet Search web-site. After the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
Remove VideoNet Search browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free tool that can identify hijacker that modifies internet browser settings to replace your homepage, search provider and newtab with VideoNet Search page. It is not always easy to locate all the undesired apps that your computer might have picked up on the Internet. AdwCleaner will detect the adware, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to uninstall.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
- Once the downloading process is complete, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is opened, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the VideoNet Search browser hijacker and other web-browser’s malicious extensions. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the AdwCleaner is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once the scan get completed, AdwCleaner will display a list of all items found by the scan. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block VideoNet Search redirect and other intrusive pages
If you surf the Net, you can’t avoid malvertising. But you can protect your web browser against it. Download and run an ad blocking program. AdGuard is an ad-blocking which can filter out lots of of the malicious advertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop up advertisements, VideoNet Search redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How was VideoNet Search hijacker infection installed on system
It’s very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the installation of free applications to avoid installing of PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers or other unwanted programs. Never install the third-party programs that the program wants to install with it. Inattentive free applications download can result in installation of undesired program such as this hijacker infection responsible for modifying your web-browser settings to VideoNet Search.
Once you’ve done the guidance outlined above, your machine should be free from hijacker which cause VideoNet Search web-site to appear and other malware. The Google Chrome, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox will no longer display annoying VideoNet Search web site on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.