What is Linked.safesslpool.com? The Linked.safesslpool.com is an undesired page that can redirect the computer user to a variety of advertising sites. Some of them can be questionable or misleading web-pages. Computer security researchers has determined that users are re-directed to Linked.safesslpool.com by various PUPs from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) family. The undesired software usually gets installed alongside free programs, codecs and shareware. Aside from causing redirects, the adware also can display lots of popups, slow down the computer and continually gather lots of your privacy information.
While your machine is infected by the adware, the Firefox, MS Edge, IE and Google Chrome may be redirected to Linked.safesslpool.com intrusive web-site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open lots of undesired ads. These ads will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web-pages, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any ads.
The ‘ad supported’ software can modify the settings of the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but often that a harmful software like this can also affect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcut files. Thus forcing the user each time run the browser to see the unwanted Linked.safesslpool.com page.
Instructions that is shown below, will help you to clean your personal computer from the adware as well as delete Linked.safesslpool.com intrusive pop up ads from the IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge and other browsers.
Remove Linked.safesslpool.com popups (removal steps)
The following instructions will help you to remove Linked.safesslpool.com popup ads from the Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer. Moreover, the few simple steps below will help you to remove malicious software, browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars that your machine may be infected. Please do the guidance step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your machine.
To remove Linked.safesslpool.com, complete the following steps:
- Get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com pop-up ads without any utilities
- Remove potentially unwanted apps through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Remove Linked.safesslpool.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com popup advertisements from Firefox
- Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts which have been infected by adware
- Scan your computer and delete Linked.safesslpool.com redirect with free tools
- Use AdBlocker to block Linked.safesslpool.com and stay safe online
- How to avoid installation of Linked.safesslpool.com pop-up advertisements
- Finish words
Get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com pop-up ads without any utilities
Most common adware may be removed without any antivirus software. The manual ad supported software removal is guide that will teach you how to delete the Linked.safesslpool.com pop-ups.
Remove potentially unwanted apps through the MS Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted software, browser hijacking applications and adware can be removed by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed apps in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all dubious and unknown apps. We advise to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the adware responsible for redirecting your web browser to Linked.safesslpool.com web page or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your machine.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Linked.safesslpool.com web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ applications.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ application, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove Linked.safesslpool.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the hijacker infections, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s home page, default search engine and new tab page that have been replaced by adware that causes web browsers to open unwanted Linked.safesslpool.com advertisements.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
When the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab, search provider and home page to default state.
Get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com popup advertisements from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to Linked.safesslpool.com web page.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to its original state.
Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts which have been infected by adware
Now you need to clean up the web browser shortcut files. Check that the shortcut file referring to the right exe-file of the web browser, and not on any unknown file.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar to “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcut files of all your internet browsers, as they may be affected too.
Scan your computer and delete Linked.safesslpool.com redirect with free tools
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, ad supported software, hijackers and other PUPs. We recommend to use several programs, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you delete all components of the ad-supported software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove Linked.safesslpool.com popups.
How to get rid of Linked.safesslpool.com ads with Zemana Anti-malware
You can remove Linked.safesslpool.com pop up ads automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We advise this malware removal tool because it may easily remove hijackers, PUPs, ad-supported software that redirects your web-browser to Linked.safesslpool.com web page with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, open the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you may see its main window like below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes internet browsers to open unwanted Linked.safesslpool.com pop up advertisements. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
Once finished, you can check all items detected on your PC. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will delete ad supported software that responsible for web-browser redirect to the undesired Linked.safesslpool.com site and move threats to the program’s quarantine. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
Remove Linked.safesslpool.com popup ads with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer of the ‘ad supported’ software. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove unwanted Linked.safesslpool.com popup advertisements from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malware, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Please go to the following link to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad-supported software that cause undesired Linked.safesslpool.com popup advertisements to appear. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When the scan is complete, you can check all items detected on your PC.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Double-check for potentially unwanted programs with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will help delete adware that causes web-browsers to display unwanted Linked.safesslpool.com pop up advertisements that slow down your system. The browser hijacker infections, ad supported software and other potentially unwanted applications slow your web browser down and try to force you into clicking on dubious ads and links. AdwCleaner removes the adware and lets you enjoy your computer without Linked.safesslpool.com advertisements.
- Click the link below to download AdwCleaner. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: November 26, 2019
- After the downloading process is complete, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, press “Scan” button . AdwCleaner utility will start scanning the whole computer to find out ad-supported software responsible for Linked.safesslpool.com popup ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- After AdwCleaner has finished scanning your PC system, the results are displayed in the scan report. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block Linked.safesslpool.com and stay safe online
It is important to run ad blocking applications like AdGuard to protect your machine from malicious web-pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Linked.safesslpool.com and other annoying pages.
Installing the AdGuard adblocker application is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop ups, web pages such as Linked.safesslpool.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Linked.safesslpool.com pop-up advertisements
Now your system should be clean of the ad-supported software responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Linked.safesslpool.com web-page. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC for new ‘ad supported’ softwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent adwares, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Linked.safesslpool.com pop-ups related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.