There are many types of potentially unwanted programs and one of them is ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). The ETranslator is an adware that was created to display lots of undesired pop up advertisements or redirect your web browser to various ad web-pages. The ETranslator adware have a negative impact on the functioning of your PC system. It alters computer settings, generates a huge count of various ads, slows down the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and the speed of your internet connection. Moreover, ETranslator may lead to the fact that web pages are slow to load and the browser interface can even freeze. The main function of any ad supported software is showing ads, so it may redirect your web browser to an undesired pages, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to type an address into the web browser’s address bar, then the web browser is anyway will open an unwanted ETranslator ads.
The ETranslator adware may insert lots of ads directly to the pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious software. The worst is, the ETranslator ad supported software be able to collect privacy info (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Net, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We advise to get rid of the ETranslator ‘ad supported’ software that causes multiple annoying ads and popups, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your system.
Fortunately, we’ve an effective solution that will assist you manually or/and automatically delete ETranslator from your browser and bring your internet browser settings, including new tab, home page and search provider by default, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal instructions with all the steps you may need to successfully remove ad supported software and its traces. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your PC system.
To remove ETranslator, use the following steps:
- Delete ETranslator adware without any utilities
- ETranslator ‘ad supported’ software automatic removal
- Run AdBlocker to block ETranslator ads and stay safe online
- How can you prevent your computer from the attack of ETranslator adware
- To sum up
Delete ETranslator adware without any utilities
The instructions will help you get rid of ETranslator . These ETranslator removal steps work for the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Remove adware through the Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all programs that has the name similar to “ETranslator”. We advise to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the adware, adware or potentially unwanted programs, then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your machine.
Remove ETranslator ads from Internet Explorer
If you find that IE internet browser settings like start page, newtab and search engine by default having been changed by ETranslator ad supported software which redirects your browser to unwanted ad web pages, then you may restore your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will remove ETranslator adware which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web sites, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab, startpage and search engine by default to default state.
Remove ETranslator ads from Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is redirected to intrusive ETranslator ads, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your internet browser’s homepage, new tab and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete ETranslator ads from FF
If the FF web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of FF. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like homepage, new tab page and search engine by default to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to its original state.
ETranslator ‘ad supported’ software automatic removal
The ad-supported software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the ETranslator that causes annoying pop-up advertisements once again infect your machine. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to get rid of adware manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best solution to detect and remove ad supported software is to run free malicious software removal programs.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove ETranslator ‘ad supported’ software
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and ‘ad supported’ softwares which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any ETranslator removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Please download Zemana Anti Malware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ETranslator which causes unwanted ads. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your system. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- After finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will show a list of all items detected by the scan.
- Next, you need to click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of ETranslator ad-supported software that causes multiple undesired advertisements and pop ups and move items to the program’s quarantine. After that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use Malwarebytes to remove ETranslator
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you delete undesired ETranslator from your web browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malicious software, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware from the link below and save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC system for the ETranslator ad-supported software that causes multiple unwanted ads and pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the instructions or the video guide below.
Scan and clean your PC of adware with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can check your PC system for a wide range of security threats such as malware, ‘ad supported’ softwares, potentially unwanted programs as well as ETranslator ad-supported software that causes internet browsers to show unwanted pop-up advertisements. It will perform a deep scan of your machine including hard drives and Microsoft Windows registry. Once a malware is found, it will help you to remove all found threats from your computer with a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2020
- When downloading is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button for scanning your machine for the ETranslator adware which cause annoying pop up ads to appear. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient.
- After the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will display a list of all threats detected by the scan. You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to block ETranslator ads and stay safe online
If you browse the Internet, you cannot avoid malvertising. But you can protect your internet browser against it. Download and run an adblocker application. AdGuard is an ad blocking which can filter out tons of of the malicious advertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
Installing the AdGuard ad-blocker application is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the link below and save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed in the following example.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop up ads, ETranslator ads, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of ETranslator adware
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the ETranslator ‘ad supported’ software that causes internet browsers to display unwanted pop ups. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new adwares, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove ETranslator ads from your browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.