If you find that your settings of internet browsers have been replaced to Search.tokyofalcon.com without your permission then you need to know that your web browser has become the victim of hijacker. Once started, it takes control of your personal computer including Chrome, FF, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer and may make certain unwanted changes to its settings such as startpage, new tab and default search engine, without your knowledge.
As mentioned above, the Search.tokyofalcon.com browser hijacker also modifies the web browser’s search engine. So, your web-browser, when searching something, will show a hodgepodge of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web-pages and search results from the big search providers like Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a internet browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it can also lead to slowing or even freeze your web browser.
It is not a good idea to have an unwanted program like Search.tokyofalcon.com hijacker on your computer. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. The hijacker can also be used to gather a wide variety of personal information about you which can be later transferred to third parties. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the Search.tokyofalcon.com site.
The hijacker like Search.tokyofalcon.com often modify all internet browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit various undesired web sites and display undesired ads. As a result, your web-browser can still redirect you to an annoying web-site despite your web browser is actually clean of hijacker.
We recommend you to remove Search.tokyofalcon.com home page and free your system of hijacker infection as soon as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step by step guidance below that will assist you to completely get rid of Search.tokyofalcon.com home page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
In the step-by-step guidance below we will have a look at the hijacker infection and how to get rid of Search.tokyofalcon.com from Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer web browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web-site. So, please read the tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
Manual Search.tokyofalcon.com removal
Read this section to know how to manually remove the Search.tokyofalcon.com browser hijacker. Even if the guide does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below which can easily handle such hijackers.
Deleting the Search.tokyofalcon.com, check the list of installed programs first
In order to delete Search.tokyofalcon.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall unknown and suspicious programs from your PC system using MS Windows control panel. When deleting this browser hijacker, check the list of installed software and try to find suspicious programs and delete them all. Pay special attention to recently installed programs, as it is most likely that the Search.tokyofalcon.com hijacker сame along with it.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the following example.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and get rid of all software that has the name like “Search.tokyofalcon.com”. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker infection, ad-supported software or PUPs, then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your PC.
Delete Search.tokyofalcon.com redirect from Firefox
The Firefox reset will keep your personal information like bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data and get rid of unwanted search provider and homepage such as Search.tokyofalcon.com, modified preferences, extensions and security settings.
Launch the FF and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The FF will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker that cause a redirect to Search.tokyofalcon.com page. When, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Delete Search.tokyofalcon.com redirect from Google Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as startpage, newtab and default search provider to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser hijacks like Search.tokyofalcon.com.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Search.tokyofalcon.com homepage from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
After the procedure is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s homepage, newtab and default search engine to default state.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to delete Search.tokyofalcon.com
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge.
How to automatically delete Search.tokyofalcon.com hijacker infection
The browser hijacker can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the hijacker once again infect your computer and alter settings of all your typical web-browsers to Search.tokyofalcon.com. Moreover, I want to note that it is not always safe to remove hijacker manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the Windows operating system. The best method to find and remove hijackers is to run free malware removal programs.
Delete Search.tokyofalcon.com redirect with Zemana Free
Zemana Free is a utility that can remove ad supported software, potentially unwanted programs, browser hijackers and other malicious software from your PC system easily and for free. Zemana Free is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware tool will start scanning the whole machine to find out Search.tokyofalcon.com browser hijacker and other web browser’s harmful plugins. This process may take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
After the scan get finished, you can check all threats detected on your computer. You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Next” button. The Zemana will remove hijacker that modifies browser settings to replace your newtab page, start page and search provider by default with Search.tokyofalcon.com web site and add threats to the Quarantine. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Search.tokyofalcon.com search
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer of the browser hijacker. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, malware, ad supported software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
- Please download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the following link and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your system for the hijacker that made to reroute your web-browser to the Search.tokyofalcon.com page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After that process is finished, MalwareBytes Free will display you the results.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
If the problem with Search.tokyofalcon.com search is still remained
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove browser hijacker which redirects your browser to annoying Search.tokyofalcon.com site, malware, potentially unwanted programs and adware from PC system (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby restore web-browsers default settings (homepage, new tab and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the machine.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Select the folder in which you saved it as Desktop, and then press Save.
- Once the downloading process is finished, launch the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” .AdwCleaner program will scan through the whole system for the hijacker that reroutes your internet browser to undesired Search.tokyofalcon.com web-page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your computer. While the AdwCleaner application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When the scan get finished, you’ll be opened the list of all found items on your PC system. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your system, click “OK”.
The step-by-step guide shown in detail in the following video.
Run AdBlocker to stop Search.tokyofalcon.com and stay safe online
We recommend to install an ad blocking application that can stop Search.tokyofalcon.com and other unwanted web sites. The ad blocker tool like AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and blocks access to malicious web-sites. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop up advertisements, web sites such Search.tokyofalcon.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the Search.tokyofalcon.com hijacker comes from
Now your PC system should be clean of the browser hijacker which cause Search.tokyofalcon.com site to appear. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and intrusive malicious web pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new browser hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Search.tokyofalcon.com home page from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.