Computer security specialists has determined that Free Live Radio is categorized as browser hijacker. The so-called browser hijacker is created to manipulate your browser’s settings like homepage, newtab and search provider by default, to modify your startpage or search engine, so that the affected web-browser visits an intrusive web-site instead of your selected one. In the step-by-step tutorial below, we will explain all the general features of the Free Live Radio hijacker and it’s typical behavior on the PC, as well as effective methods for manually removing Free Live Radio from your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.
The Free Live Radio hijacker infection will alter your browser’s search engine so that all searches are sent through Free Live Radio, that redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine which displays the search results for your query. The creators of this hijacker infection are using legitimate search provider as they may earn money from the ads which are displayed in the search results.
Often, the system that has been infected with Free Live Radio hijacker, will be also infected by ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which displays lots of various advertisements. It may be pop-ups, text links in the sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the ad supported software may replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertisements which will offer to download and install malicious software and unwanted applications or visit the various dangerous and misleading web pages.
The hijacker such as Free Live Radio often modify all web-browser shortcuts which located on your Desktop to force you visit some unwanted web-pages and show intrusive popup advertisements. As a result, your internet browser can still redirect you to an intrusive web-site despite your browser is actually clean of hijacker infection.
Thus, it is clear that the presence of browser hijacker on your machine is not desirable, and you need to clean up your machine ASAP. Follow the few simple steps below in order to delete Free Live Radio from FF, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge.
How to remove Free Live Radio from machine
There are a simple manual steps below that will help you to delete Free Live Radio from your Microsoft Windows PC system. The most effective way to remove this hijacker is to follow the manual removal guide and then use Zemana AntiMalware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner automatic tools (all are free). The manual solution will help to weaken this browser hijacker infection and these malicious software removal utilities will completely get rid of Free Live Radio and revert back the Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Edge settings to default.
Remove Free Live Radio start page without any utilities
The few simple steps will help you get rid of Free Live Radio . These Free Live Radio removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Removing the Free Live Radio, check the list of installed software first
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We advise to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious applications, they are the ones you need to remove.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the following example.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Delete Free Live Radio from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your FF is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to Free Live Radio web-site.
First, launch the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Free Live Radio start page from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is redirected to annoying Free Live Radio web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s new tab, homepage and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Free Live Radio redirect from IE
By resetting IE internet browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by hijacker infection such as Free Live Radio.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Clean up the web browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by Free Live Radio
Once the hijacker is started, it can also alter the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar to “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open an undesired site.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge.
How to remove Free Live Radio start page with freeware
If your system is still infected with the Free Live Radio hijacker, then the best solution of detection and removal is to use an anti malware scan on the PC. Download free malicious software removal tools below and run a full system scan. It will help you remove all components of the hijacker infection from hardisk and Windows registry.
Automatically delete Free Live Radio redirect with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such ‘ad supported’ software and browser hijackers which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Free Live Radio hijacker infection removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Please download Zemana from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will launch and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility will start scanning the whole PC to find out browser hijacker that created to redirect your web browser to the Free Live Radio web page. While the utility is checking, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After Zemana Anti Malware has completed scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- In order to remove all threats, simply click the “Next” button. The utility will remove hijacker which modifies web browser settings to replace your startpage, newtab page and search provider by default with Free Live Radio page and add items to the Quarantine. After the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Automatically get rid of Free Live Radio start page with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer of the hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you delete hijackers, PUPs, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out browser hijacker that developed to redirect your web-browser to the Free Live Radio site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your PC. While the tool is checking, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- When that process is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open a list of found items.
- Review the scan results and then press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdwCleaner to remove Free Live Radio homepage
AdwCleaner is a free portable application that scans your PC for adware, PUPs and hijackers such as Free Live Radio and helps get rid of them easily. Moreover, it will also allow you remove any harmful browser extensions and add-ons.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
Once the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as displayed on the image below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” for scanning your system for the hijacker which made to reroute your web-browser to the Free Live Radio web-site. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is scanning, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
After AdwCleaner has finished scanning your computer, AdwCleaner will display a list of detected items as shown on the image below.
Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will begin to get rid of Free Live Radio browser hijacker and other web browser’s harmful addons. After the procedure is finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Use AdBlocker to block Free Live Radio and stay safe online
Use ad blocking application such as AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your computer performance and impact your system security. Surf the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
Installing the AdGuard ad-blocker application is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link and save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block popups, web pages such Free Live Radio, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Free Live Radio hijacker infection
Many hijackers such as Free Live Radio are included in the free programs setup file. Most often, a user have a chance to disable all included “offers”, but some installers are designed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing an ‘ad supported’ software or potentially unwanted applications. Anyway, easier to prevent the hijacker infection rather than clean up your PC system after one. So, keep the internet browser updated (turn on automatic updates), run a good antivirus programs, double check a free software before you start it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid malicious and unknown web-pages.
Once you have complete the few simple steps above, your PC system should be clean from this browser hijacker and other malicious software. The Chrome, FF, MS Edge and IE will no longer show annoying Free Live Radio homepage on startup. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Free Live Radio redirect.