You ran your web-browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but somehow, for some reason, you didn’t get your favorite homepage you wanted after running it. This is sign of hijacker, potentially unwanted program created to redirect your internet browser to Strongpasswordsearch.com web page. The hijacker modifying the web browsers settings such as homepage, newtab page and search provider by default with its own data.
When you are performing searches using the web-browser that has been affected with Strongpasswordsearch.com, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The creators of Strongpasswordsearch.com hijacker are most likely doing this to make advertisement revenue from the ads displayed in the search results.
Often, the system that has been infected with Strongpasswordsearch.com hijacker infection, will be also infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) which opens tons of various advertisements. It may be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware can replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious ads which will offer to download and install malware and unwanted applications or visit the various dangerous and misleading sites.
Table of contents
- What is Strongpasswordsearch.com
- Strongpasswordsearch.com startpage removal guide
- Manual Strongpasswordsearch.com search removal
- Scan your PC and get rid of Strongpasswordsearch.com with free tools
- Use AdBlocker to block Strongpasswordsearch.com and stay safe online
- How to avoid installation of Strongpasswordsearch.com browser hijacker
- Finish words
A malware which modifies some settings of internet browsers on Strongpasswordsearch.com usually affects only Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Strongpasswordsearch.com hijacker can modify the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so every time you start the web browser, instead of your home page, you will see a completely different web-site.
The guidance below explaining steps to remove Strongpasswordsearch.com problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the browser hijacker that may attack Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge and other popular web browsers. The instructions will help you restore your browsers settings which previously changed by browser hijacker.
Strongpasswordsearch.com startpage removal guide
We can assist you delete Strongpasswordsearch.com, without the need to take your personal computer to a professional. Simply follow the removal guide below if you currently have the unwanted browser hijacker infection on your machine and want to remove it. If you have any difficulty while trying to get rid of the hijacker infection, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Some of the steps below will require you to exit the page. So, please read the step by step guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
Manual Strongpasswordsearch.com search removal
Read this section to know how to manually remove the Strongpasswordsearch.com hijacker infection. Even if the few simple steps does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such hijackers.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the PC cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge from pop up advertisements hijackers and so on.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and delete all software which has the name similar to the page which has been set as your FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge start page, new tab and default search engine. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker, adware or potentially unwanted programs, then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your machine.
Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts
Once installed, this browser hijacker may add an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will open the undesired home page.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of Strongpasswordsearch.com search from IE
By resetting IE internet browser you restore your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by hijacker infection such as Strongpasswordsearch.com.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
When the task is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Strongpasswordsearch.com search from FF
If the Firefox settings such as home page, newtab page and search engine by default have been replaced by the browser hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Remove Strongpasswordsearch.com start page from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the browser hijacker, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s start page, new tab page and default search provider that have been modified by Strongpasswordsearch.com browser hijacker infection.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Scan your PC and get rid of Strongpasswordsearch.com with free tools
Manual removal steps does not always help to completely remove the browser hijacker, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malicious software removal utility to completely remove Strongpasswordsearch.com off your personal computer. Several free malicious software removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker. The optimum way would be to run Zemana Free, Malwarebytes Free and AdwCleaner.
Remove Strongpasswordsearch.com redirect with Zemana AntiMalware
We suggest you to use the Zemana Free which are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the utility will help you to delete PUPs, malware, toolbars and ad supported software that your computer can be infected too.
Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on your PC by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana will try to update itself and when this task is complete, click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the hijacker that redirects your browser to annoying Strongpasswordsearch.com site.
When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will remove Strongpasswordsearch.com browser hijacker and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and ‘ad supported’ software.
Automatically delete Strongpasswordsearch.com with Malwarebytes
You can remove Strongpasswordsearch.com automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily delete browser hijacker infections, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please download Malwarebytes from the following link and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker which cause Strongpasswordsearch.com page to appear. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When the system scan is finished, it’ll display a list of found threats.
- Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove Strongpasswordsearch.com from web-browsers with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that may be downloaded and run to delete hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You may use this tool to scan for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: November 26, 2019
- After downloading is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, press “Scan” button It’ll scan through the whole system for the Strongpasswordsearch.com browser hijacker related files, folders and registry keys. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer. While the application is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the system scan is complete, a list of all items found is produced. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block Strongpasswordsearch.com and stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your browsers from malicious web pages and ads by using an ad blocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Download AdGuard application by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is finished, you will see a window as displayed on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, web-sites such Strongpasswordsearch.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Strongpasswordsearch.com browser hijacker
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be free from browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and malware. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer display Strongpasswordsearch.com undesired start page on startup. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.