Are you start your favorite internet browser and do not see usual homepage, which is set earlier? Or, the Lifegoalie.com site is the first thing that pop up once you open your browser? It means that your personal computer has become the victim of malware from the group of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). If you get it on your personal computer, this ‘ad supported’ software can alter the web browser’s settings such as home page, newtab and default search provider and install malicious extension that will display a huge number of undesired pop up within the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge screen. It is important, do not click on these popups, as they can lead you to more malicious or misleading web sites. The best option is to use the step-by-step tutorial posted below to free your computer and thereby remove Lifegoalie.com pop ups.
Table of contents
- What is Lifegoalie.com
- How to remove Lifegoalie.com pop ups
- How to manually remove Lifegoalie.com
- Uninstall suspicious applications through the Control Panel of your machine
- Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by adware
- Get rid of Lifegoalie.com popup from Firefox
- Get rid of Lifegoalie.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
- Remove Lifegoalie.com redirect from Google Chrome
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Remove Lifegoalie.com popups with free applications
- How to manually remove Lifegoalie.com
- Stop Lifegoalie.com redirect and other unwanted sites
- Do not know how your internet browser has been hijacked by Lifegoalie.com pop up?
- To sum up
The adware may insert lots of popup directly to the sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners has been added by the creators of the web-site. Moreover, a legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake pop up, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a ton of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a harmful addons. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software will perform a scan of the PC for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web browser, you will see an undesired Lifegoalie.com site.
Thus, it is clear that the presence of ad supported software on your personal computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your PC system as quickly as possible. Follow the step-by-step tutorial below in order to remove Lifegoalie.com redirect.
How to remove Lifegoalie.com pop ups
The ad-supported software is a form of malware that you might have difficulty in removing it from your PC. Luckily, you have found the effective Lifegoalie.com pop ups removal instructions in this blog post. Both the manual removal method and the automatic removal method will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you have any questions or need help then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web browser or restart your PC.
How to manually remove Lifegoalie.com
Most common ad supported software may be uninstalled without any antivirus software. The manual ad-supported software removal is blog post steps that will teach you how to remove the Lifegoalie.com pop-ups.
Uninstall suspicious applications through the Control Panel of your machine
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, adware software and hijacker infections through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by adware
Once the ad-supported software is started, it can also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web browser, it will show an intrusive web-page.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of Lifegoalie.com popup from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to Lifegoalie.com web site.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to its original state.
Get rid of Lifegoalie.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser startpage, newtab page and default search engine you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your system.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
After the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s startpage, newtab and default search engine to default state.
Remove Lifegoalie.com redirect from Google Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the web browser’s settings like new tab, startpage and search engine by default that have been changed by the adware that redirects your internet browser to annoying Lifegoalie.com site.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will show Lifegoalie.com unwanted web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all malicious tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This shows a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove Lifegoalie.com popups with free applications
The easiest solution to remove Lifegoalie.com redirect is to use an anti malware application capable of detecting this adware that causes lots of intrusive Lifegoalie.com pop-up. We recommend try Zemana Anti-malware or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to ‘ad supported’ software, hijackers and other potentially unwanted software.
Automatically remove Lifegoalie.com popups with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware. You may download and install Zemana Anti-malware to find adware and thereby remove Lifegoalie.com pop ups from the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge web-browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your computer.
Download Zemana AntiMalware from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once downloading is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti Malware will try to update itself and when this process is complete, press the “Scan” button to start checking your system for the adware that causes multiple annoying popups and pop ups.
During the scan it’ll detect all threats exist on your system. All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will remove ‘ad supported’ software that causes a large amount of unwanted Lifegoalie.com pop-ups and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
Automatically delete Lifegoalie.com pop-ups with Malwarebytes
Manual Lifegoalie.com pop-ups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your machine of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, potentially unwanted applications, browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the adware that causes web browsers to display intrusive Lifegoalie.com popups. Depending on your machine, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After that process is done, a list of all threats found is produced.
- You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
If the problem with Lifegoalie.com redirect is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can scan your PC system for a wide range of security threats such as malware, adwares, PUPs as well as ad supported software that causes a ton of unwanted Lifegoalie.com pop ups. It will perform a deep scan of your PC including hard drives and Windows registry. Once a malicious software is detected, it will help you to remove all detected threats from your computer with a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 30, 2020
- Once the download is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ‘ad supported’ software that causes internet browsers to display annoying Lifegoalie.com pop-up. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your system. While the utility is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found. When you’re ready, click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Stop Lifegoalie.com redirect and other unwanted sites
Use ad blocking program such as AdGuard in order to stop popups, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your computer performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the setup is done, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block popups, sites such Lifegoalie.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Do not know how your internet browser has been hijacked by Lifegoalie.com pop up?
Usually, adware gets into your personal computer as part of a bundle with free programs, sharing files and other unsafe software that you downloaded from the Internet. The makers of this adware pays software makers for distributing adware within their applications. So, optional applications is often included as part of the setup file. In order to avoid the install of any adware which redirects your browser to unwanted Lifegoalie.com site: select only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation mode and uncheck all third-party programs in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Now your system should be free of the adware which made to redirect your web-browser to various ad web pages such as Lifegoalie.com. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and annoying malicious web pages) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your computer for new hijackers, malware and ‘ad supported’ software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Lifegoalie.com redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.