If Newtabtv page has appeared within your web-browser, then it’s a sign that your internet browser has become the victim of unwanted software from the browser hijacker family. So, it’s time to remember what free program have you recently installed to your PC system, because the hijacker infection most often infiltrates PC system in a bundle with free or even paid programs as an additional component. Once started, this browser hijacker takes control of installed web browsers and can impose changes to some browser settings such as new tab, startpage and search provider by default with its own.
Table of contents
- What is Newtabtv
- How to remove Newtabtv
- How to delete Newtabtv without any software
- Uninstall suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Fix web-browser shortcuts, altered by Newtabtv hijacker
- Remove Newtabtv start page from Internet Explorer
- Remove Newtabtv from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Get rid of Newtabtv home page from Chrome
- How to delete Newtabtv redirect with freeware
- How to delete Newtabtv without any software
- How to block Newtabtv
- How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Newtabtv browser hijacker
- Finish words
The hijacker, which set the Newtabtv as your homepage can also set this unwanted page as your search engine. You will encounter the fact that the search in the internet browser has become uncomfortable to use, because the search results will consist of a large amount of advertisements, links to ad and unwanted pages and a small amount of regular links, which are obtained from a search in the major search engines. Therefore, look for something using Newtabtv web-page would be a waste of time or worse, it can lead to even more infected computer.
The Newtabtv browser hijacker usually affects only the Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker will perform a scan of the machine for browser shortcuts and alter them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the internet browser, you will see the Newtabtv intrusive site.
We suggest you to remove Newtabtv start page and clean your computer of hijacker infection ASAP, until the presence of the browser hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. Follow the guidance below that will help you to completely remove Newtabtv , using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How to remove Newtabtv
There are present several free browser hijacker removal utilities. Also it is possible to get rid of Newtabtv search manually. But we suggest to combine all these ways below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the instructions. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your PC system.
How to delete Newtabtv without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Newtabtv start page from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge.
Uninstall suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the PC system cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and delete all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious applications such as adware and browser hijacker infections may be bundled with free software. Remove the unwanted programs can remove the unwanted ads or internet browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, altered by Newtabtv hijacker
Once installed, this browser hijacker infection may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will show the unwanted start page.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text such as “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Newtabtv start page from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by a malware.
First, start the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown below.
Once the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s home page, new tab and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Newtabtv from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser start page has replaced to Newtabtv without your permission or a an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Newtabtv homepage from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the browser hijacker infection, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s start page, new tab and default search engine that have been changed by hijacker infection.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your internet browser’s startpage, new tab and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to delete Newtabtv redirect with freeware
In order to completely delete Newtabtv, you not only need to uninstall it from the web browsers, but also remove all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We recommend to download and run free removal utilities to automatically clean your computer of Newtabtv hijacker infection.
Get rid of Newtabtv redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend you to run the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the utility will allow you to remove PUPs, malware, toolbars and adware that your personal computer can be infected too.
Download Zemana antimalware on your PC from the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the download is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Double-click the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana anti malware on your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana antimalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out browser hijacker that redirects your web browser to the Newtabtv annoying site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
As the scanning ends, it will display you the results. Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. The Zemana anti malware will begin removing Newtabtv browser hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
Scan and free your PC of browser hijacker infection with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to scan for and remove Newtabtv redirect from your system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the machine.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC to find out hijacker . A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your computer.
- As the scanning ends, you will be opened the list of all found threats on your PC.
- Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your machine. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan your PC and delete Newtabtv startpage with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It may scan and remove hijacker such as Newtabtv, malware, PUPs and adware in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and IE internet browsers and thereby restore their default settings (start page, new tab and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2020
Once the downloading process is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once the tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Newtabtv hijacker infection which redirects your internet browser to the Newtabtv annoying page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When it completes the scan, it’ll open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found like below.
In order to remove all threats, simply click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt as on the image below.
You need to press “OK”. When the clean up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC system. When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block Newtabtv
We recommend to install an ad-blocking program that may stop Newtabtv and other intrusive web pages. The ad-blocking utility such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Web and stops access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, web sites such Newtabtv, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Newtabtv browser hijacker
Now your PC system should be clean of the Newtabtv startpage. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your machine for new malware, browser hijackers and adware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive advertisements and malicious web sites). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Newtabtv related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.