The Searchgetlnn.com is defined as web browser hijacker (sometimes named hijackware). The appearance of Searchgetlnn.com search in your internet browser means that your PC has become a victim of malicious software from the browser hijacker family, which imposes changes to current settings of installed web browsers by modifying the home page, newtab page and default search provider. So, if you find that when you start your web-browser, it opens this annoying web-site, then you do not need to wait , you need to perform the few simple steps below and remove Searchgetlnn.com as quickly as possible.
Most often, the Searchgetlnn.com hijacker affects most common browsers like Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. But such browser hijackers as well can infect other browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the internet browser, it will show Searchgetlnn.com site. Even if you setup your homepage again, the unwanted Searchgetlnn.com web-site will be the first thing which you see when you start the browser.
Table of contents
- What is Searchgetlnn.com
- Searchgetlnn.com removal guidance
- How to manually delete Searchgetlnn.com
- Uninstall Searchgetlnn.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to remove Searchgetlnn.com start page
- Get rid of Searchgetlnn.com start page from Google Chrome
- Remove Searchgetlnn.com search from Internet Explorer
- Delete Searchgetlnn.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Scan your machine and remove Searchgetlnn.com with free utilities
- How to manually delete Searchgetlnn.com
- Block Searchgetlnn.com homepage and other annoying web-sites
- How to Searchgetlnn.com browser hijacker get installed onto personal computer
- To sum up
Besides the fact that Searchgetlnn.com hijacker replaces your homepage, this unwanted web site may set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of tons of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Net, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Searchgetlnn.com hijacker can collect lots of user info, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Although, Searchgetlnn.com browser hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it may impose certain unwanted changes to settings of installed web browsers. Moreover, an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) may be additionally installed on to your machine with this hijacker, that will show a lot of ads, or even massive full page advertisements that blocks surfing the Net. Often such these advertisements can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted software or visit dangerous web-sites.
Therefore it’s very important to clean your computer of browser hijacker infection as soon as possible. Follow the guidance below to remove Searchgetlnn.com homepage, as well as other malicious software and adware, which may be installed onto your system along with it.
Searchgetlnn.com removal guidance
The answer is right here on this web-page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to free your personal computer of browser hijacker. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free antimalware tool made specifically to get rid of browser hijacker such as Searchgetlnn.com. Of course, you may combine both methods. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your PC system or exit the site. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to manually remove Searchgetlnn.com
Most common browser hijackers may be removed without any antivirus programs. The manual browser hijacker removal is blog post step-by-step guide that will teach you how to remove the Searchgetlnn.com startpage.
Uninstall Searchgetlnn.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and delete all potentially unwanted applications, ‘ad supported’ software software and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and get rid of all programs that has the name similar to the web site that has been set as your Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge home page, new tab page and default search engine. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker, adware or PUPs, then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your computer.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to remove Searchgetlnn.com homepage
Once installed, this hijacker may add an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge. Due to this, every time you open the internet browser, it will open the intrusive startpage.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of Searchgetlnn.com start page from Google Chrome
If your Chrome browser is redirected to unwanted Searchgetlnn.com web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s homepage, new tab and default search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Searchgetlnn.com search from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, start the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
Once the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab, start page and search provider by default to default state.
Delete Searchgetlnn.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser home page has changed to Searchgetlnn.com without your permission or a an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Scan your machine and remove Searchgetlnn.com with free utilities
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely delete hijacker from the infected system. So, we recommend to check your personal computer for any remaining malicious components with free browser hijacker infection removal software below.
Remove Searchgetlnn.com redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the tool will help you to remove potentially unwanted applications, malware, toolbars and ‘ad supported’ software that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Zemana antimalware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana antimalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker infection which cause a redirect to Searchgetlnn.com. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When it has finished scanning, you’ll be opened the list of all found threats on your PC.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button to start cleaning your machine. Once the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove Searchgetlnn.com startpage with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the browser hijacker. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you get rid of browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, press the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole system to find out hijacker that reroutes your browser to the Searchgetlnn.com undesired web site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your computer. While the program is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When it completes the scan, you will be opened the list of all found threats on your PC. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to reboot your system.
The following video offers a tutorial on how to delete browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
Use AdwCleaner to get rid of Searchgetlnn.com homepage
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove hijacker such as Searchgetlnn.com, malicious software, potentially unwanted software and ‘ad supported’ software in Chrome, IE, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers and thereby restore their default settings (home page, newtab page and default search engine). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Download AdwCleaner tool by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
Once the download is finished, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown in the figure below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to display the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Scan” . This will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out Searchgetlnn.com hijacker . This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
When it completes the scan is complete, it will open a list of all items detected by this utility as shown in the figure below.
When you’re ready, click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” to start the cleaning process. When the cleaning process is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Block Searchgetlnn.com start page and other annoying web-sites
If you surf the Internet, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your web-browser against it. Download and use an ad blocker program. AdGuard is an ad-blocking which can filter out a lot of of the malicious advertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading dangerous content.
Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up advertisements, web-pages such Searchgetlnn.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How to Searchgetlnn.com browser hijacker get installed onto personal computer
Most commonly, the free software installer includes the optional adware or potentially unwanted software like this browser hijacker infection. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to choose a Custom, Advanced or Manual installation mode. Here disable (uncheck) all third-party applications in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you don’t need to install the optional software which you don’t trust! The only thing I want to add. Once the free software is installed, if you uninstall this software, the start page, new tab and search provider by default of your favorite web browser will not be restored. This must be done by yourself. Just follow the step-by-step instructions above.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the Searchgetlnn.com . Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ‘ad supported’ software) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and dangerous web pages). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Searchgetlnn.com startpage related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.