The cause of unwanted go.mobifoth.com pop-up ads on your screen is adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). Technically, the ad-supported software, that opens a huge number of pop-ups or redirects on an unwanted web site, is not a virus. It is is created to make a money. Once started, the adware injects a small code within the content of pages that you visit. The malicous code may pop-up a new web browser window with go.mobifoth.com web site or insert tons of advertising links directly into the web pages you’re viewing.
The malicious software from the adware family that changes the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the browser, instead of your startpage, you will see the unwanted go.mobifoth.com advertisements.
While your computer is infected with the ‘ad supported’ software, the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge may be rerouted to go.mobifoth.com annoying web site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a huge number of annoying advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-sites that are you opening in your web-browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web sites, including web-sites where previously you have never seen any ads. In this case, when you open any web-site, you may see in your web browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for go.mobifoth.com’, ‘Transferring data from go.mobifoth.com’, ‘Looking up go.mobifoth.com’, ‘Read go.mobifoth.com’, ‘Connected to go.mobifoth.com’.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the adware as well as get rid of go.mobifoth.com unwanted pop-ups from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge and other web browsers.
Tips to prevent go.mobifoth.com pop-up ads
How to manually remove go.mobifoth.com pop-ups
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to remove the go.mobifoth.com pop-up ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or restart your PC.
- Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove go.mobifoth.com redirect
- Remove go.mobifoth.com from Google Chrome
- Remove go.mobifoth.com ads from Firefox
- Get rid of go.mobifoth.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all applications. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove go.mobifoth.com redirect
Once the ‘ad supported’ software is started, it can also alter the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove go.mobifoth.com from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the malware and adware, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been replaced by ad supported software.
- Now start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this task is done, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove go.mobifoth.com ads from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been changed by the ad-supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to get rid of the redirect onto go.mobifoth.com web-page.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad supported’ software. Once it is finished, click the “Finish” button
Get rid of go.mobifoth.com redirect from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu as on the image below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your machine, it will show go.mobifoth.com unwanted web site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will open a dialog box which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove go.mobifoth.com redirect with free malware remover
Remove go.mobifoth.com ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all applications and windows on your machine. Open the file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- When installation is finished, click on the “Scan Now” button for checking your machine for the ‘ad supported’ software that redirects your web-browser to the go.mobifoth.com unwanted web-page. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is complete, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block go.mobifoth.com ads and other unwanted pages
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious pages, you need to use program that stops access to malicious ads and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. Once the install is done, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, sites such as go.mobifoth.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Get rid of go.mobifoth.com and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot remove the annoying go.mobifoth.com pop-ups from the Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ad supported software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
Once the downloading process is complete, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, press the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out malicious extensions and ad supported software which shows ads from go.mobifoth.com page. When the system scan is finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”. Once the cleaning process is done, AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your PC system.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to remove ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers and other harmful software.
After completing the step-by-step guide shown above, your machine should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer show go.mobifoth.com annoying pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown sites. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted go.mobifoth.com redirect.