The adexchange.guru web-site appeared on your PC without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your internet browser is now rerouted to other unwanted web-sites and filled with a variety of ads and banners. The cause of all your problems with your PC system is adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that has been installed on many PC systems around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this ad supported software has got into your personal computer. In the few simple steps below, we will explain all the general features of ‘ad supported’ software and its typical behavior on the personal computer, as well as effective methods for manually removing it from your PC system.
The ‘ad supported’ software usually affects only the Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge by changing the web browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The ‘ad supported’ software will perform a scan of the system for web browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the internet browser, you will see an unwanted adexchange.guru site.
What is more, the ‘ad supported’ software may show advertisements depend on a web-site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
So, obviously, you need to delete the adware ASAP. Use the free steps below. This guide will help you clean your computer and thereby remove the adexchange.guru unwanted pop-up ads.
How did adexchange.guru pop-up ads get on your PC
How to manually remove adexchange.guru pop-ups
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It’ll allow you easily to clean your personal computer of adware. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the personal computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove adware that causes unwanted adexchange.guru pop-up ads. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your computer.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove adexchange.guru redirect
- Delete adexchange.guru pop-up ads from Firefox
- Get rid of adexchange.guru pop-ups from Google Chrome
- Remove adexchange.guru redirect from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the PC system cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your web-browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove adexchange.guru redirect
When the adware is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the internet browser, it will be redirected to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete adexchange.guru pop-up ads from Firefox
First, launch the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of adexchange.guru pop-ups from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove adexchange.guru redirect from Internet Explorer
To delete the adexchange.guru advertisements you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Microsoft Internet Explorer settings” dialog box as shown on the image below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
When the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying adexchange.guru web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This displays a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove adexchange.guru automatically
You can delete adexchange.guru advertisements automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove ad supported software, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your computer by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the figure below, press the Yes button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When the installation is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the malware and ‘ad supported’ software which cause the adexchange.guru ads. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Please be patient.
Once the system scan is finished, you can check all threats detected on your computer. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing malware and ad supported software that cause adexchange.guru pop-ups. When the disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your system. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to get rid of adware and other malicious programs.
How to stop adexchange.guru pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that stops access to harmful advertisements and pages. Moreover, the application can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, adexchange.guru redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with adexchange.guru ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove adexchange.guru ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is opened the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which generates adexchange.guru ads.
- When the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the guide above on how to delete ad supported software with AdwCleaner.
After completing the few simple steps above, your personal computer should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Chrome, FF, MS Edge and IE will no longer show adexchange.guru unwanted pop-ups and redirect you to unknown web sites. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the checking is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted adexchange.guru ads.