The Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue pop-ups are classified as misleading ads that created to trick you into download and install an questionable software. If you’re seeing the “Please Install Media Player Pro” pop-up then most probably that your browser is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). As a result of the adware infection, your browser will be full of ads (pop-ups, banners, in-text links, offers to install an unwanted applications) and your PC system will be slower and slower.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web-browsers like the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the internet browser, it will redirect to the annoying “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading site. Even if you setup a new homepage, an annoying web-site will be the first thing you see when you open the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge.
While your personal computer is infected with the adware, the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and IE may be redirected to “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” unwanted page. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open tons of annoying ads. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-sites that are you opening in your internet browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web-sites, including pages where previously you have never seen any advertising banners.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your PC from the ad-supported software as well as get rid of “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading pop-up ads from the Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge and other internet browsers.
How did you get infected with “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” adware
Probably, the adware get installed onto your computer when you have installed a free applications like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly the ‘ad supported’ software is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web pages. Even removing the application that contains adware, does not help you remove the “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” advertisements. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to delete all annoying ads.
How to manually remove “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” popups
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will assist you easily to clean your machine of adware. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the PC then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware utility designed specifically to get rid of adware that causes annoying “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-up ads. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your computer.
- Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” redirect
- Get rid of “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” advertisements from Chrome
- Remove “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” redirect from FF
- Delete “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-up ads from IE
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your browser from pop-ups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” advertisements from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby get rid of the redirect to “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading ads that is caused by the ad supported software.
At first, launch the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to show the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web-browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown on the screen below and press the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The application will start the task of cleaning. Once it’s complete, the web browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” redirect from FF
First, start the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-up ads from IE
First, start the IE, then click button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, new tab page and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and thereby remove the reroute to “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading web-site.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your computer, it will open “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading ads. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by unwanted applications.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will display a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-up with free malware removal program
Manual removal “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” adware requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your web browser to the “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the system scan is finished, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your machine. When the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, misleading “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-up ads, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” pop-ups, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your personal computer for the adware which generates “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” ads.
- When it has finished scanning your PC system, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the few simple steps above on how to get rid of adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your machine should be clean of the “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” adware. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and annoying malicious sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your system for new malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of “Please Install Media Player Pro To Continue” misleading ads from your system, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.