The bigpicturepop.com is a web-page that shows annoying ads and can redirect to other ad pages. If the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer displays this web-site then most probably that your computer is infected with an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware is an unwanted software that is going to open you tons of ads and deals. Of course, it’s not a malware or virus in the “general meaning” of this word. It’ll not delete or damage your files, but it can alter some PC system’s settings or download and install other malicious programs. So, you’d better to remove ‘ad supported’ software using the instructions below and thereby remove bigpicturepop.com pop-up ads.
The adware can change the settings of the Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge, but often that a dangerous software like this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the web-browser to see bigpicturepop.com unwanted ads.
What is more, the adware may display ads depend on a web page that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this ‘ad supported’ software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to get rid of ad-supported software and clean your personal computer from bigpicturepop.com popup ads as soon as possible, until the presence of the ‘ad supported’ software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely delete the reroute to bigpicturepop.com annoying site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does bigpicturepop.com pop-ups get installed onto system
How to manually remove bigpicturepop.com pop-up ads
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to clean your computer of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove adware that causes unwanted bigpicturepop.com advertisements. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your machine.
- Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete bigpicturepop.com ads from Chrome
- Delete bigpicturepop.com redirect from Firefox
- Remove bigpicturepop.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of bigpicturepop.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious programs such as ad-supported software and browser hijackers may be bundled with freeware. Delete the unwanted applications may remove the unwanted ads or web-browser redirect to unknown or unwanted web-pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date of installation in the Control panel.
Delete bigpicturepop.com ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the malware and ‘ad supported’ software, as well as to restore the internet browser’s settings that have been replaced by ad-supported software.
- Now launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab page and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete bigpicturepop.com redirect from Firefox
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove bigpicturepop.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To get rid of the bigpicturepop.com pop-up ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt as shown below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
Once the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of bigpicturepop.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad-supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your PC system, it will display bigpicturepop.com unwanted site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ software. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of bigpicturepop.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal bigpicturepop.com advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free applications will help you to delete malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole PC to find out adware that redirects your web browser to the bigpicturepop.com unwanted web-page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning your computer, it will display a screen that contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your machine. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop bigpicturepop.com
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the program can stop the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup ads, bigpicturepop.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your PC and delete bigpicturepop.com ads with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and get rid of adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer internet browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage, new tab and default search engine). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
Download AdwCleaner tool from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: November 26, 2019
After the download is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen like below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to display the application, press Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” to begin scanning your computer for the adware that cause a redirect to bigpicturepop.com ads.
Once the system scan is done, it will show a list of all items detected by this tool as shown in the figure below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” to begin the cleaning process. When the clean up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your computer should be free of the bigpicturepop.com pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and unwanted dangerous web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your machine for new malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of bigpicturepop.com pop-ups from your PC system, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.