There are many types of malware and one of them is adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware, which causes the appearance of offers.boumio.com pop-ups or the reroute to this annoying page, have a negative impact on the functioning of your PC system. It modifies system settings, generates lots of various ads, slows down the FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge and the speed of your internet connection. Moreover, it may lead to the fact that sites are slow to load and the browser interface can even freeze. The main function of the adware is showing ads, so it may redirect your browser to an unwanted web page like offers.boumio.com, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to type an address into the browser’s address bar, then the web browser is anyway will open an unwanted ad site.
The malicious programs from the adware family that alters the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the internet browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the annoying offers.boumio.com ads.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It’s created with the sole purpose to display dozens of pop-up ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web browser window. So, the offers.boumio.com is just one of the many web-pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of advertisements, or redirect the web browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web-pages. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate ads on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit dangerous pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their pages, so the creators of ad supported software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your personal computer from the adware as well as remove offers.boumio.com annoying advertisements from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge and other web-browsers.
How does offers.boumio.com ads get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove offers.boumio.com
This useful removal guide for the offers.boumio.com pop-up ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete offers.boumio.com pop-up ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete offers.boumio.com redirect
- Get rid of offers.boumio.com pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove offers.boumio.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove offers.boumio.com ads from IE
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll show the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all applications. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown software.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete offers.boumio.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will display the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ‘ad-supported’ software can change it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below.
Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for browser shortcuts that redirects to an annoying pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of offers.boumio.com pop-up ads from Firefox
If the FF settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to get rid of the reroute onto offers.boumio.com web-page.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Next, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad-supported’ software. Once it’s finished, click the “Finish” button
Remove offers.boumio.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby remove the redirect to offers.boumio.com annoying ads which is caused by the ad supported software.
At first, start the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The program will start the procedure of cleaning. When it is done, the web-browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your system.
Remove offers.boumio.com ads from IE
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu as shown in the following image. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying offers.boumio.com web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicios application. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove offers.boumio.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal offers.boumio.com redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free applications will help you to delete malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware which redirects your browser to the offers.boumio.com annoying web-page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the system scan is finished, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your personal computer. When the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop offers.boumio.com
To increase your security and protect your machine against new unwanted ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, offers.boumio.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with offers.boumio.com pop-ups is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot delete offers.boumio.com pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 30, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC to find out ‘ad-supported’ software which generates offers.boumio.com advertisements.
- When the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your system should be clean of the offers.boumio.com pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and unwanted malicious web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your system for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new dangerous applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of offers.boumio.com pop-ups from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.