If you’re reading this article, it means that you are seeing the reg.bigbucksurveys.com unknown web page and your browser began opening a large number of pop-up ads. All of these problems with your machine caused by adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software), which is often installs on the computer with the free software. You probably want to know how to remove this adware as well as delete reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-up ads. In the step-by-step instructions below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The malicious software from the ad-supported software family that changes the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and IE. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the web-browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the annoying reg.bigbucksurveys.com ads.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. So, the reg.bigbucksurveys.com is just one of the many pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the browser’s constant stream of ads, or reroute the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising sites. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of ‘ad-supported’ software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad-supported software receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the adware as quickly as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will help you clean your machine and thereby get rid of the reg.bigbucksurveys.com unwanted popup ads.
How does reg.bigbucksurveys.com advertisements get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-ups
Without a doubt, the adware is harmful to your PC. So you need to quickly and completely get rid of this dangerous software. To remove this ‘ad-supported’ software, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing dangerous applications, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to remove reg.bigbucksurveys.com ads easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where adware is not removed automatically.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove reg.bigbucksurveys.com from Firefox
- Get rid of reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-ups from Chrome
- Get rid of reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete reg.bigbucksurveys.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of annoying ads and web browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Remove reg.bigbucksurveys.com from Firefox
First, start the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware, as well as to restore the internet browser’s settings that have been replaced by ad supported software.
- Now start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your startpage, new tab page and default search engine.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state, disable ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and thereby get rid of the redirect to reg.bigbucksurveys.com annoying web page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete reg.bigbucksurveys.com redirect
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the internet browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying reg.bigbucksurveys.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by malicious software.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This shows a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicios application. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of reg.bigbucksurveys.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free programs will help you to delete malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop using the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that redirects your browser to the reg.bigbucksurveys.com annoying web site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. Once the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block advertisements, reg.bigbucksurveys.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop ups and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot remove the annoying reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-ups from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ad-supported software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
When downloading is finished, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is launched, you will see a screen like below.
Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out malicious extensions and ad supported software that displays advertisements from reg.bigbucksurveys.com page. Once the scan is finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is done, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to delete adware, browser hijackers and other malicious programs.
Now your personal computer should be free of the reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and annoying dangerous web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malware and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of reg.bigbucksurveys.com pop-ups from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.