If you turn on your PC system and your browser is launched automatically, after that immediately display the annoying dominantentfen.ru page or your web-browser began to show a ton of pop-up ads, then most probably your computer has become a victim of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that usually gets installed as a part of some freeware. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active Web user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with these unwanted redirects and popup ads. Follow the instructions below to clean your computer as soon as possible, as the ‘ad-supported’ software can be a way to infect your machine with more dangerous malicious software such as viruses and trojans. The few simple steps which follow, I’ll show you how to remove adware and thereby remove dominantentfen.ru annoying ads from your PC forever.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web browsers such as the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you start the browser, it’ll redirect to the unwanted dominantentfen.ru web site. Even if you setup a new start page, an annoying web-site will be the first thing you see when you run the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Technically, the ‘ad-supported’ software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates tons of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web-browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your computer with the ‘ad-supported’ software. Once installed, it’ll replace your homepage with an unwanted web page.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your personal computer from the ad supported software as well as delete dominantentfen.ru annoying ads from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge and other internet browsers.
How does dominantentfen.ru ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove dominantentfen.ru
This useful removal guide for the dominantentfen.ru redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove dominantentfen.ru let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove dominantentfen.ru redirect
- Get rid of dominantentfen.ru pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove dominantentfen.ru redirect from Chrome
- Remove dominantentfen.ru pop-ups from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed software and delete all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted software may delete the annoying ads or web browser redirect to unknown or unwanted web-sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It’ll show a list of all software. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date of installation in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove dominantentfen.ru redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to run your web-browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the dominantentfen.ru or other unwanted web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can modify the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you start your browser. Depending on the internet browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text such as “http://site.address” which has been added here, then you should delete it, as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the dominantentfen.ru site or any other unwanted web-sites that is advertised by the ad supported software. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Get rid of dominantentfen.ru pop-up ads from Firefox
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove dominantentfen.ru redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s start page and search provider by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove dominantentfen.ru pop-ups from Internet Explorer
First, start the IE, then press button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported web browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to dominantentfen.ru annoying web page.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying dominantentfen.ru page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by malicios program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicios program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove dominantentfen.ru with free malware removal program
Manual removal dominantentfen.ru redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop using the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your machine for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the dominantentfen.ru annoying site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is done, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block dominantentfen.ru and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web pages. Moreover, the application can block the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, launch the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, pages like dominantentfen.ru, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with dominantentfen.ru redirect is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove dominantentfen.ru , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates dominantentfen.ru ads.
- When the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your PC should be clean of the dominantentfen.ru pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and annoying malicious web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new dangerous applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove dominantentfen.ru ads from your PC, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.