The very appearance forwindownet.com ads is a classic sign of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which installed on your PC system. Moreover, the ad supported software can lead to the internet browser freezing/crash, delays when starting a new browser window or delays when viewing a web site on the Internet. I think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your PC. Use the guide below that will allow you to get rid of forwindownet.com ads and clean your system from the adware using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
The malicious programs from the ad supported software family that alters the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the web-browser, instead of your start page, you will see the unwanted forwindownet.com advertisements.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web-browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your computer, that will replace your homepage with an unwanted page.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the adware as well as remove forwindownet.com annoying pop-up ads from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and other internet browsers.
How does forwindownet.com advertisements get installed onto system
How to manually remove forwindownet.com popup ads
This useful removal guide for the forwindownet.com ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to uninstall forwindownet.com pop-up ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove forwindownet.com redirect
- Get rid of forwindownet.com popup ads in Chrome
- Remove forwindownet.com advertisements from Firefox
- Get rid of forwindownet.com advertisements in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Uninstall unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free applications at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate unwanted ads and redirect your browser to forwindownet.com site. So, remove the unneeded software may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove forwindownet.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the web-browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of forwindownet.com popup ads in Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to forwindownet.com annoying ads which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Remove forwindownet.com advertisements from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of forwindownet.com advertisements in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the forwindownet.com unwanted web-site.
Uninstall unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying forwindownet.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a small window that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click Enter. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following image.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://forwindownet.com”, then you need get rid of it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the malicious programs, then this task also can be safely removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove forwindownet.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal forwindownet.com advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free applications will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your PC for the ad supported software that redirects your internet browser to the forwindownet.com annoying web site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the Malwarebytes has finished scanning, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop forwindownet.com and other annoying sites
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use application that stops access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such forwindownet.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with forwindownet.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove forwindownet.com redirect, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the forwindownet.com advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the steps above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for forwindownet.com redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying forwindownet.com .