The r-aly.ru is a ad-supported web site which pops up on PC system that’s infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). The ad supported software is one of the most annoying type of malware floating around the Internet: an attack generates a ton of unwanted pop-up ads within a user internet browser’s screen. A lot of people have fallen victim to these kinds of attacks, looking the World Wide Web in hopes of finding guide on how to get rid of annoying ads. Now, computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create the step-by-step guide that help users remove r-aly.ru ads for free.
Most often, the adware affects the most common browsers like the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the internet browser, it will redirect to the unwanted r-aly.ru page. Even if you setup a new start page, an annoying web-site will be the first thing you see when you start the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
While your PC is infected with the ad supported software, the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge may be redirected to r-aly.ru unwanted site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a huge number of unwanted advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your web-browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web-sites, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any advertising banners. In this case, when you open any web site, you may see in your web-browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for r-aly.ru’, ‘Transferring data from r-aly.ru’, ‘Looking up r-aly.ru’, ‘Read r-aly.ru’, ‘Connected to r-aly.ru’.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the ad supported software as well as remove r-aly.ru annoying pop-up ads from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and other internet browsers.
How does r-aly.ru advertisements get installed onto computer
How to manually remove r-aly.ru
This useful removal guide for the r-aly.ru popup ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to uninstall r-aly.ru ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete r-aly.ru redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete r-aly.ru redirect from Chrome
- Remove r-aly.ru from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove r-aly.ru redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying ads or browser redirect to unknown or annoying sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Delete r-aly.ru redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto r-aly.ru ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete r-aly.ru redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab and default search engine.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove r-aly.ru from Internet Explorer
To remove the r-aly.ru ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your personal computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove r-aly.ru redirect
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an annoying sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will open the r-aly.ru annoying page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. This opens a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click Enter. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following image.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://r-aly.ru” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious programs, then this task also can be safely removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove r-aly.ru pop-up ads with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
Remove r-aly.ru advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal program. It can automatically detect and remove the adware of the your PC. Moreover, this free application will help you to get rid of browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow the steps below to remove the r-aly.ru annoying completely.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloaded, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup like below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your PC.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the adware which causes the redirect to r-aly.ru page. This task can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing the ad supported software related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to stop r-aly.ru
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, r-aly.ru redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with r-aly.ru redirect is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the r-aly.ru redirect, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the r-aly.ru ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for r-aly.ru ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted r-aly.ru redirect.