The Bestsearch-online.com is classified as the web-browser hijacker (sometimes called hijackware). It’s a type of harmful software that alters your system’s browser settings like home page, newtab page and search provider by default. Once started, this browser hijacker infection will modify the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge settings to Bestsearch-online.com start page. Please ignore this site and refrain from clicking to any links on it and going to any web sites mentioned on it. I suggest you to disinfect your PC and thereby back your homepage as soon as possible . Use the few simple steps below. The detailed removal guide will assist you on how to get rid of the Bestsearch-online.com homepage and protect your system from more dangerous malware and trojans.
The Bestsearch-online.com hijacker can alter the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a parasites such as this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the browser to see Bestsearch-online.com unwanted page.
Except that the Bestsearch-online.com changes internet browser’s home page, it also replaces a search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the web-browser’s search becomes impossible. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a ton of advertising banners, links to malicious and misleading web-sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the other, well-known search engines such as Google or Bing.
Also on the computer together with Bestsearch-online.com browser hijacker infection can be installed ad supported software, which will insert a huge number of advertisements directly to the sites that you view, creating a sense that advertising links has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, a legal ads may be replaced on the fake advertising links, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Bestsearch-online.com browser hijacker has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
How does your computer get infected with Bestsearch-online.com browser hijacker
How to manually remove Bestsearch-online.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Bestsearch-online.com search from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Remove Bestsearch-online.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Uninstall Bestsearch-online.com from Chrome
- Get rid of Bestsearch-online.com in FF
- Uninstall Bestsearch-online.com redirect from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Bestsearch-online.com
Remove Bestsearch-online.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed software and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious applications such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted applications can remove the annoying advertising or browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Uninstall Bestsearch-online.com from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been replaced by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Bestsearch-online.com in FF
First, start the Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Uninstall Bestsearch-online.com redirect from IE
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Bestsearch-online.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://bestsearch-online.com/search.php” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as shown on the image below. Once is finished, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web-pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove Bestsearch-online.com search with MalwareBytes Anti-malware.
Remove Bestsearch-online.com manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloaded, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup as shown in the figure below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the hijacker that cause a redirect to Bestsearch-online.com. This task can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will begin removing Bestsearch-online.com hijacker related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to stop Bestsearch-online.com startpage
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertising banners and dangerous web sites, you need to use application that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Bestsearch-online.com, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Bestsearch-online.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Bestsearch-online.com hijacker.
- Once the scan is done, the AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Bestsearch-online.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Bestsearch-online.com removal.