The download.driversupport.com is an one of the many advertising web pages, which can be opened automatically each time you launch the internet browser. The reason of automatic opening of this site is an ad supported software, which was set on your system without your consent. Because, the adware is often used to show a tons of unwanted ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their pages and attract new users. Below we explain how to get rid of adware and get rid of download.driversupport.com annoying ads from your browser.
The malicious software from the ad supported software family that alters the settings of browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your home page, you will see the annoying download.driversupport.com advertising.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. So, the download.driversupport.com is just one of the many web sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate advertisements on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of ad supported software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the ad supported software infection and get rid of download.driversupport.com unwanted advertising from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge and other internet browsers.
How does download.driversupport.com advertisements get installed onto PC
How to manually remove download.driversupport.com
This useful removal guide for the download.driversupport.com popup ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of download.driversupport.com let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove download.driversupport.com redirect
- Remove download.driversupport.com advertisements from Chrome
- Remove download.driversupport.com redirect from FF
- Get rid of download.driversupport.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the PC system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and get rid of all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted ads or web-browser redirect to unknown or unwanted sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove download.driversupport.com redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will reroute to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see an argument that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove download.driversupport.com advertisements from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove download.driversupport.com redirect from FF
Open the FF menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of download.driversupport.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Open the IE tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove download.driversupport.com with Antimalware
Get rid of download.driversupport.com advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the download.driversupport.com unwanted web site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block download.driversupport.com
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, download.driversupport.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with download.driversupport.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to download.driversupport.com advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the download.driversupport.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for download.driversupport.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying download.driversupport.com advertisements.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.