If you are seeing the unwanted ads from the thebrowsergame.com web-site, then most probably that your computer is infected with some unknown “ad-supported” software from the adware family. As a result of the adware infection, your browser will be full of advertisements, and your PC will be slower and slower.
While your PC is infected with the adware, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge may be rerouted to thebrowsergame.com. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a tons of annoying advertisements.
What is more, the adware, without your permission, may steal your private data such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. It may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk. So, obviously, you need to clean your PC and remove thebrowsergame.com annoying ads as soon as possible. Use the free instructions below.
How does your computer get infected with thebrowsergame.com pop-up ads
The adware get installed onto your computer without any permission. Most cases, it comes from some free applications which are downloaded from the Internet such as E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Also,it may be bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web sites. So, when you install the free software, if you do not watch carefully in the install wizard, the bundled adware gets installed too. Moreover, the thebrowsergame.com adware can bundle with other adware, they can be installed in the background quietly.
Even removing a free software that contains this adware, you can not remove all annoying ads, because this adware will be not removed. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to remove thebrowsergame.com adware and clean your computer. To protect your PC in the future, please read “Term of Use” and “User agreement” very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your PC that will display tons annoying advertisements such as thebrowsergame ads.
How to manually remove thebrowsergame
It can be a difficult task. The following instructions below is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove thebrowsergame.com ads from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove thebrowsergame.com redirect
- Remove thebrowsergame ads from Chrome
- Remove thebrowsergame.com ads from Firefox
- Remove thebrowsergame ads from Internet Explorer
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove thebrowsergame.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this adware may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://thebrowsergame.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://thebrowsergame.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove thebrowsergame ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove thebrowsergame ads from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove thebrowsergame ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove thebrowsergame.com pop-up ads
Remove thebrowsergame.com ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal software. It can automatically detect and remove the adware of the your PC. Moreover, this free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow these simple steps below to eliminate the thebrowsergame.com unwanted advertisements completely.
- Click on the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- You will see the Instalation wizard. Click Next and follow the prompts.
- When you complete the installation, click on the “Scan Now” button to start a full system scan, to find out the thebrowsergame.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, check the scan results. Make sure all entries have “checkmark”. Next press “Remove Selected” button to remove all the detected threats, from your PC. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block thebrowsergame.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block thebrowsergame.com pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with thebrowsergame.com pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove thebrowsergame adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, PUPs, toolbars, browser hijackers. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for thebrowsergame.com adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for thebrowsergame.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with thebrowsergame.com ads removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.