The mystartab.com is an ‘ad’ page offering install a questionable browsers extension. Its appearance in your browser could mean that your computer is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). This type of dangerous software does not delete files or infect them, but such as a virus can change PC system settings like the homepage, new tab and default search engine and download and install malicious extensions that generates a large number of popup ads. All the time, while the ad supported software is running, your web-browser will be fill with annoying ads. Moreover, this ad supported software will be able to collect a large number of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the Internet. Thus, it is clear that the presence of adware on your personal computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer in order to get rid of mystartab.com ASAP.
The adware usually affects only the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a harmful extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the internet browser, you will see an unwanted mystartab.com web page.
What is more, the ad-supported software may open advertisements depend on a page that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ‘ad supported’ software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the ‘ad supported’ software as well as get rid of mystartab.com annoying ads from the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Edge and other internet browsers.
How does your machine get infected with mystartab.com advertisements
Most commonly, the adware is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During install, choose the Custom or Advanced setup option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any programs or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your computer like this ad-supported software which reroute the Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge onto the annoying mystartab.com page.
How to manually remove mystartab.com
If you perform exactly the instructions below you should be able to delete the mystartab.com ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web browser or reboot your PC system.
- Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of mystartab.com redirect from Google Chrome
- Delete mystartab.com from FF
- Remove mystartab.com pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove mystartab.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown software.
Get rid of mystartab.com redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the malware and ad supported software, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been replaced by ad-supported software.
- Now start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab and default search engine.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete mystartab.com from FF
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove mystartab.com pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, run the IE, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu as on the image below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove mystartab.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will be rerouted to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted mystartab.com web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by malicious software.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove mystartab.com with free malware removal application
Manual removal mystartab.com pop-ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free software will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the adware that redirects your internet browser to the mystartab.com annoying web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. When the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop mystartab.com redirect
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that stops access to harmful advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop ads, mystartab.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your PC and get rid of mystartab.com pop-ups with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and get rid of ad-supported software, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer web browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (start page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
Once downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will run the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown on the screen below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the program, press Yes button to continue.
Now, press the “Scan” for checking your PC for the ‘ad supported’ software that cause a redirect to mystartab.com ads.
Once the checking is complete, it will display a list of all items detected by this utility like below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, press “OK” to begin the cleaning procedure. When the clean up is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your computer. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your personal computer should be free of the mystartab.com . Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-ups and unwanted harmful web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your system for new malware and ad-supported software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove mystartab.com ads from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.