Antivirus Pro 2009 is a fake (rogue) antispyware/antivirus program. It is from the Antivirus XP family. The program is usually found on fake online-scanner websites or pages that are infected with the braviax trojan. In both cases, your computer will display popups with a message stating that your computer is infected with spyware and that you must download and install the program to clean your computer. During installation, Antivirus Pro 2009 configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start your computer. In addition the program creates some files with random names:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\isuxih.bat
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\inurev.lib
C:\Program Files\Common Files\yfila.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\towyvo.pif
C:\Program Files\Common Files\nixef._sy
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\omevi.lib
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\rihibevad.com
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\ifem.db
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\oqacywudyd._dl
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ufylyz.bat
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\ikijosycy.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\vake.ban
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\lorasa.inf
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\bejuzef.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ajilimagy._dl
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\gapevep.dat
These files during the scan will determine as trojans and spyware.
Immediately after launch, the program starts scanning the computer and found a lot of trojans and spyware. Then, it said that you should purchase Antivirus Pro 2009 in order to remove them and protect your PC. Computer users are urged to avoid purchasing this bogus program!
Antivirus Pro 2009 generates false security alerts such as the following:
A piece of malicious code was found on your system which can
replicate itself if no action is taken. Click here to have your
system cleaned by Antivirus Pro 2009.
These fake popups may drastically slow the performance of your computer.
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log:
O4 – HKLM\..\Run: [Antivirus Pro 2009] “C:\Program Files\AntivirusPro2009\AntivirusPro2009.exe” /hide
AntivirusPro2009 can be safely removed from your computer along with any other trojan infections if the proper steps are taken. If you are a non-techie computer user then this method of removing spyware is for you.
Use the following instructions to remove Antivirus Pro 2009.
- Download Avenger from here and unzip to your desktop.
- Run Avenger, copy,then paste the following text in Input script Box:
Drivers to delete:
Registry values to delete:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run | Antivirus Pro 2009
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run | brastk
Files to delete:
Folders to delete:
Then click on ‘Execute’.
- You will be asked Are you sure you want to execute the current script?. Click Yes.
- You will now be asked First step completed — The Avenger has been successfully set up to run on next boot. Reboot now?. Click Yes.
- Your PC will now be rebooted.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Antivirus Pro 2009 creates the following files and folders:
Questions and answers.
Antivirus pro 2009 prevents downloading of malwarebyte anti-malware.
- Restart your computer.
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
- Select the “Safe mode with networking”, to run Windows in Safe Mode with networking.
- Once Windows loaded, try download Malwarebytes Anti-malware again.
- Download installation file of Malwarebytes Anti-malware (mbam-setup.exe) to another computer.
- Transfer the file to infected computer using pendrive (USB flash drive).
Antivirus pro 2009 prevents installation of Malwarebyte Anti-malware.
Rename mbam-setup.exe with a series of random numbers and symbols.
If you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.