The reason that you Cannot open C Drive – is Autorun.inf virus(trojan), which infected your computer. Double-clicking or pressing Enter, to a drive containing autorun.inf in its root directory will activate autorun.inf file. This is used by viruses and trojans spreading on USB flash drives (pen drives).
Flash_Disinfector by sUBs is a free program and can fix your problem. It will remove any autorun.inf files, create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don’t delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.
Use the following instructions to fix “Cannot open C Drive” problem.
- Please download Flash_Disinfector by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone.
- Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
If you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.