If your Java is outdate, then you have a risk to infect you computer with spyware, malware and trojans through java security holes.
I would recommend you follow these instructions to update java and protect your computer.
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
- Close any programs you may have running (including your web browser).
- Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.
- Follow the prompts.