Maybe you have not heard of the Somefungames. But when you browse the Net, a lot of pop up ads from Somefungames are shown. And these annoying popup ads can appear again and again, even you close them. It could mean that your computer is infected with the nasty adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software).
The Somefungames adware is a type of software that modifies your PC’s browser settings so that you’ll be constantly re-directed to various intrusive ads. You need to follow the steps below as soon as possible. It will clean your PC system from the adware and thus get rid of intrusive Somefungames pop up advertisements. Moreover, the steps will allow you to protect your PC from more malicious viruses and trojans.
It’s not a good idea to have an undesired program like the Somefungames adware. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any Somefungames advertisements.
The worst is, the adware can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your user data and, later, can use it for marketing purposes. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of Somefungames pop ups from your personal computer.
Ad-supported software is usually written in ways common to malware, spyware and hijacker infections. In order to remove adware and thereby remove Somefungames pop-up ads, you will need use the following steps or run free adware removal tool listed below.
Remove Somefungames pop up ads (removal steps)
There are a simple manual tutorial below which will assist you to delete Somefungames popup advertisements from your Microsoft Windows computer. The most effective way to remove this adware is to follow the manual removal guidance and then run Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will help to weaken this adware and these malicious software removal utilities will completely remove Somefungames ads and restore the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge settings to default.
To remove Somefungames, complete the steps below:
- How to manually remove Somefungames
- Scan your PC and delete Somefungames pop-up advertisements with free utilities
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How to Somefungames popup ads get installed onto system
- Finish words
How to manually remove Somefungames
Most common adware may be removed without any antivirus applications. The manual ad-supported software removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to delete the Somefungames ads.
Delete Somefungames related programs through the Control Panel of your PC system
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs utility that is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other applications. Next, uninstall any undesired and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the adware that causes a large count of unwanted Somefungames popups. Choose the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown software, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired program from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Somefungames ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware and remove Somefungames popup advertisements from web-browser. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Somefungames pop up ads from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program, including the redirect to Somefungames website. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software that causes a huge count of intrusive Somefungames popups. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Somefungames pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser settings like home page, search engine by default and new tab page had been replaced by adware that responsible for the appearance of Somefungames pop up advertisements, then you may return your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s startpage, search provider and newtab to default state.
Scan your PC and delete Somefungames pop-up advertisements with free utilities
Manual removal guide does not always help to completely get rid of the adware, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of ad supported software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malicious software removal utility to completely delete Somefungames off your internet browser. Several free malware removal tools are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum method would be to run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro.
Scan and clean your browser of Somefungames pop-up ads with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana is free full featured malicious software removal utility. It can scan your files and Microsoft Windows registry in real-time. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can help to remove Somefungames advertisements, other PUPs, malware and adware. It uses 1% of your system resources. This utility has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your computer.
- Installing the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your system for the adware responsible for Somefungames advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the Zemana Free application is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When finished, Zemana Free will open a scan report.
- All found threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click the “Next” button. The utility will remove ad supported software responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Somefungames web page and move items to the program’s quarantine. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Somefungames pop-up ads from browser
Hitman Pro cleans your PC from browser hijackers, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, web-browser extensions and other unwanted apps such as adware which causes annoying Somefungames advertisements. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your system to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to detect if there are unwanted programs in your personal computer. You can review the scan results, and select the threats you want to uninstall.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware that responsible for the appearance of Somefungames pop up ads. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When that process is done, HitmanPro will open a list of detected items. You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to delete Somefungames pop ups
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malware removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you remove intrusive Somefungames popup advertisements from your browsers, potentially unwanted software, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- After downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out ad-supported software that cause undesired Somefungames popup ads to appear. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. During the scan MalwareBytes Free will look for threats exist on your personal computer.
- After the scanning is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your personal computer press “Quarantine Selected”. When finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to remove browser hijackers, ad-supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
It’s important to run ad blocker programs such as AdGuard to protect your computer from malicious web sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Somefungames and other annoying websites.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your machine by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will run automatically and block popup ads, Somefungames redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How to Somefungames popup ads get installed onto system
Now your PC should be clean of the ad supported software which causes annoying Somefungames pop-up ads. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and unwanted malicious web sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new ad-supported softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Somefungames pop up ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.