What is Maxi Buy virus? Experienced security experts has determined that so-called Maxi Buy virus is a malicious software from the adware category. In many cases, the Maxi Buy virus come bundled with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web pages. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled malware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, select the Custom or Advanced setup method. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install third-party programs.
Once started, the Maxi Buy makes changes to the system settings and configures itself so as to launch automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, this malicious software begins to monitor the user’s actions and inject annoying Maxi Buy ads directly into the open windows of the Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
While the Maxi Buy virus is active, you won’t be able to revert back your personal computer settings. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Maxi Buy you can have problems with your PC and web browsers, undesired ads and even personal data theft.
We advise you to free your PC of this virus as quickly as possible. Use the steps below that will allow to delete Maxi Buy virus and other malware, that can be installed onto your PC along with it.
Remove Maxi Buy virus
There are a simple guidance below which will assist you to get rid of Maxi Buy virus from your Microsoft Windows PC. The most effective method to get rid of this virus is to follow the manual steps and then run Zemana, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual steps will help to weaken this virus and these malicious software removal utilities will completely delete Maxi Buy virus and return the system settings to default.
To remove Maxi Buy, execute the following steps:
- Uninstall Maxi Buy related applications through the Control Panel of your system
- Automatically delete Maxi Buy virus with Zemana Free
- Get rid of Maxi Buy virus from internet browsers with HitmanPro
- How to remove Maxi Buy with Malwarebytes
- Remove Maxi Buy virus from Chrome
- Get rid of Maxi Buy virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Maxi Buy virus from Internet Explorer
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Uninstall Maxi Buy related applications through the Control Panel of your system
We suggest that you begin the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed apps and uninstall all unknown or questionable software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Remove the unwanted applications can remove the annoying advertisements or internet browser redirect.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown software.
Automatically delete Maxi Buy virus with Zemana Free
Zemana is a free program for Microsoft Windows operating system to detect and remove potentially unwanted programs, adware, malicious web-browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other unwanted software like virus and other security threats, installed on your PC system.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Maxi Buy related files, folders and registry keys. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- When the scan get completed, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will show a scan report.
- When you’re ready, click the “Next” button. The utility will delete the Maxi Buy virus and other malicious software and potentially unwanted apps and add threats to the Quarantine. When the process is done, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Maxi Buy virus from internet browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove browser hijacker infections, ad supported software, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You may run this tool to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is done, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to scan for the Maxi Buy virus and other kinds of potential threats like malware and PUPs. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scan get completed, a list of all items found is produced. When you are ready, click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to remove Maxi Buy with Malwarebytes
Manual Maxi Buy removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the virus can be not completely removed. We advise that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your PC of virus. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, potentially unwanted applications, ad-supported software and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
Click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your PC system. Further, start the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will allow you set up MalwareBytes on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will automatically launch and you can see its main window as shown below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) tool will start scanning the whole PC to find out the Maxi Buy adware and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and PUPs. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your system. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware application is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
After the scan is complete, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will prepare a list of unwanted programs ad supported software. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes will delete the Maxi Buy virus and other kinds of potential threats like malware and potentially unwanted software and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once the task is complete, you can be prompted to restart your system. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
Remove Maxi Buy virus from Chrome
If you have malicious software problem or the Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a way to reset your Chrome settings to original settings without reinstall. This will also allow to remove changes to internet browser settings created by Maxi Buy virus.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Maxi Buy virus from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox web-browser settings are affected by the Maxi Buy virus, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malicious software and PUPs. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Maxi Buy virus from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you return your internet browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Maxi Buy virus.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
Run ad-blocking application like AdGuard in order to stop ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC system performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps shown above, your system should be clean from Maxi Buy virus and other malicious software. Your antivirus will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help here.