If you are getting Checkmac.site pop-up ads when you try to open a long-known web-page then this might be a sign that you are a victim of malicious software from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category.
The adware can alter your web browser’s newtab, default search provider and homepage or install an undesired internet browser extension so that it will often show a lot of unwanted pop-up ads. If you would like to free your computer of adware and thereby remove Checkmac.site pop-up ads and are unable to do so, you can use the guidance below to look for and remove this ad-supported software and any other malware for free.
The adware which cause undesired Checkmac.site pop ups to appear, may inject lots of ads directly to the sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners have been added by the creators of the web-page. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious programs.
Even worse, it be able to gather your surfing history and privacy info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, confidential data can be sold to third parties.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Checkmac.site pop-ups removal, how to remove ad-supported software from your web-browser and computer. Find the best free adware and malicious software removal utilities here!
Remove Checkmac.site pop up ads (removal tutorial)
Fortunately, it is not hard to delete ad-supported software that causes browsers to show unwanted Checkmac.site pop-ups. In the following steps, we will provide two solutions to clean your system of this adware. One is the manual removal method and the other is automatic removal way. You can choose the method that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to remove Checkmac.site pop ups right now!
To remove Checkmac.site, perform the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of Checkmac.site
- Checkmac.site pop-up ads automatic removal
- Use AdBlocker to block Checkmac.site and stay safe online
- How can you prevent the Checkmac.site redirect
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Checkmac.site
Most common adware may be uninstalled without any antivirus apps. The manual ad supported software removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the Checkmac.site redirect.
Remove Checkmac.site associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed programs on your machine and delete all unknown and recently installed software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malware removal utility like Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all questionable and unknown software. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything questionable that may be the ad supported software that causes undesired Checkmac.site pop up advertisements or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your machine.
Remove Checkmac.site from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Firefox browser is rerouted to Checkmac.site and you want to restore the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the steps below. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software related to Checkmac.site pop-up advertisements. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Checkmac.site pop ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings will allow you to completely reset your internet browser. The result of activating this function will bring Chrome settings back to its default values. This can get rid of Checkmac.site redirect and disable malicious extensions. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s new tab page, search provider and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Checkmac.site redirect from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings like search provider by default, new tab page and homepage had been modified by adware that responsible for web browser reroute to the intrusive Checkmac.site page, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Checkmac.site pop-up ads automatic removal
If you’re not expert at computers, then we advise to use free removal tools listed below to get rid of Checkmac.site ads for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Checkmac.site removal is a better option.
Scan and free your web-browser of Checkmac.site pop-up advertisements with Zemana Free
Download Zemana Free to remove Checkmac.site popups automatically from all of your browsers. This is a freeware specially created for malware removal. This tool can remove adware, browser hijacker infection from Microsoft Edge, IE, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Windows registry automatically.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes web-browsers to open annoying Checkmac.site popups. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scan get completed, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. After that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of Checkmac.site pop-up ads from internet browser
The Hitman Pro tool is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can check and remove malicious software, PUPs and ad supported software in Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer web browsers and thereby remove all unwanted Checkmac.site popups. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the machine.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” for checking your system for the adware that responsible for the appearance of Checkmac.site pop up advertisements. During the scan Hitman Pro will search for threats exist on your computer.
- After finished, you’ll be opened the list of all detected threats on your machine. All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Remove Checkmac.site pop ups with Malwarebytes
Delete Checkmac.site pop-up advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijackers that your system can be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will try to update itself and when this task is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software which causes intrusive Checkmac.site popup ads. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware. Once you’ve selected what you wish to remove from your PC click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we advise you to read and follow the guide or the video guide below.
Use AdBlocker to block Checkmac.site and stay safe online
It is important to use ad-blocker programs like AdGuard to protect your PC from malicious sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Checkmac.site and other unwanted pages.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
Once downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions like below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up advertisements, Checkmac.site redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent the Checkmac.site redirect
To sum up
Once you have finished the guide above, your PC system should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer display intrusive Checkmac.site web site when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Checkmac.site pop-up advertisements.