If you are getting Search.searchgmfs1.com when you try to start your internet browser then this might be a sign that your personal computer has been affected with the nasty browser hijacker infection. Hijacker infection is a type of PUPs whose motive is to earn revenue for its author. It have various methods of earning by displaying the advertisements forcibly to its victims. browser hijacker can display annoying advertisements, modify the victim’s browser search engine and startpage, or redirect the victim’s web browser to unrequested web-pages. Below we are discussing the methods which are very effective in uninstalling browser hijacker. The tutorial will also allow you to delete Search.searchgmfs1.com from your browser.
When you are performing searches using the browser that has been affected with Search.searchgmfs1.com, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The devs behind Search.searchgmfs1.com hijacker infection are most likely doing this to make advertisement revenue from the advertisements shown in the search results.
Another reason why you need to get rid of Search.searchgmfs1.com is its online data-tracking activity. It can gather user info, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and advertisements;
- web browser version information.
Therefore, the browser hijacker is a potentially undesired program and should not be used. If you found any of the symptoms mentioned above, we recommend you to follow step-by-step instructions below to delete the hijacker infection and remove Search.searchgmfs1.com from your web-browser settings.
Remove Search.searchgmfs1.com from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Without a doubt, the hijacker infection is harmful to your machine. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To get rid of this hijacker, you can use the manual removal guidance which are given below or free malicious software removal tool such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free or Hitman Pro (all are free). We advise you use automatic removal solution which will help you to remove Search.searchgmfs1.com homepage easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where browser hijacker is not removed automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your computer.
To remove Search.searchgmfs1.com, use the following steps:
- How to manually remove Search.searchgmfs1.com
- How to automatically remove Search.searchgmfs1.com hijacker
- How to block Search.searchgmfs1.com redirect
- How did you get infected with Search.searchgmfs1.com hijacker
- To sum up
How to manually remove Search.searchgmfs1.com
The useful removal guide for the Search.searchgmfs1.com redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Search.searchgmfs1.com redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete Search.searchgmfs1.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of apps by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown software.
Remove Search.searchgmfs1.com start page from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser search provider, newtab and start page you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker which modifies internet browser settings to replace your homepage, new tab page and search provider by default with Search.searchgmfs1.com site, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like start page, newtab page and search provider to default state.
Delete Search.searchgmfs1.com from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by browser hijacker and get rid of Search.searchgmfs1.com from startpage, newtab and default search engine. This will also disable harmful add-ons as well as clear cookies and site data. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.searchgmfs1.com startpage from Firefox
If the Firefox web browser home page, default search engine and new tab page are changed to Search.searchgmfs1.com and you want to recover the settings back to their default state, then you should follow the steps below. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker responsible for redirections to Search.searchgmfs1.com. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to automatically remove Search.searchgmfs1.com hijacker
After completing the manual removal tutorial above all unwanted applications and web-browser’s extensions that causes browser redirects to the Search.searchgmfs1.com web site should be uninstalled. If the problem with Search.searchgmfs1.com hijacker is still remained, then we advise to scan your computer for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free browser hijacker removal applications below.
Automatically get rid of Search.searchgmfs1.com startpage with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Free is a utility which can get rid of ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted apps, hijackers and other malware from your system easily and for free. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of machine resources.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After downloading is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana Anti Malware will automatically start and you may see its main window as displayed on the screen below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Search.searchgmfs1.com web-site. Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When Zemana Free has completed scanning, Zemana Free will show a list of all threats detected by the scan. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove browser hijacker infection which cause Search.searchgmfs1.com page to appear. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Search.searchgmfs1.com from the PC
If Zemana Free cannot remove this hijacker infection, then we suggests to run the HitmanPro. The HitmanPro is a free powerful, professional removal utility for malware, adware, PUPs, toolbars as well as hijacker infection which redirects your web-browser to annoying Search.searchgmfs1.com web-site. It completely deletes all traces and remnants of the infection.
- Please go to the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole system to find out browser hijacker infection that causes browsers to open annoying Search.searchgmfs1.com page. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the scanning is finished, you may check all threats detected on your machine. When you’re ready, click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Scan and clean your system of browser hijacker with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC of the browser hijacker infection. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you remove hijacker infections, PUPs, malicious software, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your machine for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Search.searchgmfs1.com website. While the MalwareBytes Free utility is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the scan get completed, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will display a scan report.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Search.searchgmfs1.com redirect
Use ad-blocker program like AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC system performance and impact your PC security. Surf the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is finished, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup advertisements, sites such as Search.searchgmfs1.com, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Search.searchgmfs1.com hijacker
The hijacker is usually is bundled within freeware and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC system. This happens especially when you’re installing a freeware. The program installer tricks you into accepting the installation of third party software, which you do not really want. Moreover, some paid programs can also install optional apps that you do not want! Therefore, always download freeware and paid applications from reputable download web pages. Use ONLY custom or manual installation type and never blindly click Next button.
To sum up
After completing the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from this browser hijacker and other malicious software. The Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer show intrusive Search.searchgmfs1.com site on startup. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Search.searchgmfs1.com redirect.