Is your web-browser re-directed to Extension.citypage.today web site? This problem may be caused due to a hijacker. The hijacker infection is a type of unwanted software that created to modify your settings of all your typical browsers. You may experience any of the following behaviors: your home page, default search engine and new tab page is replaced to Extension.citypage.today, pages load slowly, you see multiple toolbars on the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge which you didn’t install, you get a large number of pop-up ads.
As mentioned above, the Extension.citypage.today browser hijacker also modifies the web browser’s search engine. So, your internet browser, when searching something, will display a hodgepodge of advertisements, links to undesired and ad web pages and search results from the big search engines like Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a web-browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it may also lead to slowing or even freeze your web-browser.
It is likely that you might be worried with the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Extension.citypage.today web-site. You should not disregard this undesired software. The hijacker might not only modify your start page or search engine, but redirect your browser to malicious sites. What is more, the browser hijacker infection can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your user information and, later, can sell it to third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove Extension.citypage.today from your internet browser.
In order to delete hijacker infection responsible for Extension.citypage.today startpage from your PC, clean the affected browsers and revert back the MS Edge, IE, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox settings to its default state, please use the Extension.citypage.today removal guide below.
How to remove Extension.citypage.today
In many cases browser hijackers requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team designed several removal ways which we’ve summarized in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you’ve the undesired Extension.citypage.today hijacker infection on your machine and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the steps below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your personal computer or shut down this web-page. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Extension.citypage.today, perform the following steps:
- How to manually remove Extension.citypage.today
- How to remove Extension.citypage.today homepage with freeware
- Use AdBlocker to stop Extension.citypage.today and stay safe online
- How did Extension.citypage.today hijacker get on your PC
- To sum up
How to manually remove Extension.citypage.today
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Extension.citypage.today redirect from the Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
Remove Extension.citypage.today associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to remove Extension.citypage.today, first thing you need to do is to remove unknown and questionable applications from your personal computer using Windows control panel. When removing this browser hijacker, check the list of installed applications and try to find questionable programs and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed applications, as it’s most probably that the Extension.citypage.today hijacker infection сame along with it.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Extension.citypage.today from FF by resetting internet browser settings
The Firefox reset will keep your personal information such as bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data and remove unwanted search provider and start page like Extension.citypage.today, modified preferences, extensions and security settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to its original state.
Remove Extension.citypage.today from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s newtab, startpage and search engine by default that have been modified by hijacker.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Extension.citypage.today from Internet Explorer
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of hijacker that cause Extension.citypage.today site to appear, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like homepage, new tab and search provider to default state.
How to remove Extension.citypage.today homepage with freeware
In order to completely remove Extension.citypage.today, you not only need to remove it from the browsers, but also delete all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and use free removal utilities to automatically clean your machine of Extension.citypage.today hijacker.
How to remove Extension.citypage.today with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti Malware highly recommended, because it can find out security threats such adware and hijacker infections which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Extension.citypage.today hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana on your PC system by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- After the download is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker infection responsible for modifying your web browser settings to Extension.citypage.today. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted programs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- After the scan is done, Zemana will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Next, you need to press “Next”. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
How to automatically remove Extension.citypage.today with Malwarebytes
Remove Extension.citypage.today browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and adware that your PC system can be infected too.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
After the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as on the image below.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your PC system.
Once install is complete, you will see window as shown below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your machine for the hijacker which cause Extension.citypage.today page to appear. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove hijacker infection that cause Extension.citypage.today web site to appear and add items to the Quarantine. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video explains step by step guidance on how to get rid of hijacker, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
If the problem with Extension.citypage.today is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free utility which can search for hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Extension.citypage.today web-page. It’s not always easy to locate all the unwanted apps that your system might have picked up on the Net. AdwCleaner will search for the adware, hijacker infections and other malicious software you need to delete.
Download AdwCleaner on your PC system by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 19, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” for scanning your computer for the hijacker infection that changes web browser settings to replace your search provider by default, new tab and start page with Extension.citypage.today web page. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan AdwCleaner will scan for threats exist on your system.
Once AdwCleaner has completed scanning your PC system, AdwCleaner will open a list of detected items as on the image below.
Next, you need to click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will remove hijacker that responsible for browser reroute to the annoying Extension.citypage.today web page and add items to the Quarantine. When the task is finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Use AdBlocker to stop Extension.citypage.today and stay safe online
Enabling an ad-blocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocking applications will also protect you from malicious advertisements and web-sites, and, of course, block redirection chain to Extension.citypage.today and similar web sites.
- Download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block advertisements, web-sites such as Extension.citypage.today, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
How did Extension.citypage.today hijacker get on your PC
It is very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the installation of free applications to avoid installing of potentially unwanted programs, adware, browser hijacker infections or other unwanted programs. Never setup the bundled software that the program wants to install with it. Inattentive free software download can result in setup of undesired application such as this hijacker that cause a reroute to Extension.citypage.today web-site.
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Extension.citypage.today. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC for new hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired advertisements and harmful web pages). Moreover, to prevent hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to look for potentially unwanted applications.
If you need more help with Extension.citypage.today search related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.