If your Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge or Google Chrome browser search engine or start page have modified to BrowseSecure Search somehow, and you have tried to return your startpage and search provider from web-browser settings, but it did not help, then it’s possible that a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the browser hijacker family get installed on your computer. The browser hijacker infection is an one type of undesired apps which makes some changes to current settings of web browsers without your’s permission, to reroute you into unwanted web-sites. The browser hijacker usually modify the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer current search engine by default, startpage and newtab page with its own.
When your computer is infected by BrowseSecure hijacker you will be forced to use its own search provider. It could seem not to be dangerous, but you still should be very careful, since it may display annoying and malicious ads made to force you into buying some questionable applications or products, provide search results that may redirect your web-browser to some deceptive, misleading or harmful pages. We suggest that you use only the reliable search engine like Google, Yahoo or Bing.
As well as unwanted web-browser redirections to BrowseSecure Search, the browser hijacker can collect your Net browsing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, internet browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web-pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or confidential info theft. This is another reason why the hijacker that redirects the browser to BrowseSecure, is classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program).
A malicious software which imposes some changes to settings of web browsers on BrowseSecure Search usually affects only Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS Edge and Firefox. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The BrowseSecure browser hijacker may alter the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so every time you launch the browser, instead of your startpage, you will see a completely different web page.
The guide below explaining steps to remove BrowseSecure Search problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the browser hijacker infection that may attack Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and other popular web-browsers. The step by step tutorial will help you restore your settings of browsers which previously replaced by hijacker infection.
Remove BrowseSecure Search from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Not all undesired software like hijacker which cause BrowseSecure Search to appear are easily uninstallable. You might see a new home page, newtab, search engine and other type of unwanted changes to the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer settings and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted apps neither appear in MS Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully remove BrowseSecure search, you need to complete the steps below. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your PC system or shut down this site. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove BrowseSecure, execute the steps below:
- Remove BrowseSecure without any utilities
- How to automatically remove BrowseSecure browser hijacker
- How to stop BrowseSecure
- How to BrowseSecure hijacker get installed onto PC
- To sum up
Remove BrowseSecure without any utilities
Steps to get rid of BrowseSecure browser hijacker without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully get rid of this unwanted BrowseSecure search.
Deleting the BrowseSecure, check the list of installed software first
In order to get rid of BrowseSecure, first thing you need to do is to remove unknown and dubious programs from your PC system using Microsoft Windows control panel. When removing this browser hijacker, check the list of installed apps and try to find dubious programs and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it is most probably that the BrowseSecure hijacker infection сame along with it.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown programs.
Delete BrowseSecure redirect from IE
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker infection responsible for modifying your browser settings to BrowseSecure, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab, default search provider and startpage to default state.
Remove BrowseSecure Search from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we suggest you to reset Chrome browser. It’ll restore Chrome settings including homepage, newtab page and search engine by default to defaults.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your internet browser’s homepage, new tab page and search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete BrowseSecure from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox web-browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring FF settings such as newtab, startpage and search provider to its default state. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
First, open the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to remove BrowseSecure
The hijacker which created to reroute your web browser to the BrowseSecure web-site, can hijack various Windows shortcut files on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your infected web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will display the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to BrowseSecure can rewrite it. If you are seeing something similar to “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as displayed on the screen below.
Once is complete, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for browser shortcuts which redirects to an intrusive pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
How to automatically remove BrowseSecure browser hijacker
If your system is still infected with the BrowseSecure hijacker, then the best method of detection and removal is to run an anti malware scan on the PC system. Download free malicious software removal utilities below and start a full system scan. It will help you get rid of all components of the hijacker infection from hardisk and Windows registry.
Use Zemana Free to get rid of BrowseSecure search
Zemana AntiMalware highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and hijackers that most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any BrowseSecure hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as on the image below.
When the install starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware on your machine.
Once installation is done, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now press the “Scan” button . Zemana Free program will scan through the whole machine for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to BrowseSecure. When a malicious software, ad supported software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
After that process is finished, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your personal computer. Review the report and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will remove browser hijacker infection responsible for redirects to BrowseSecure and add items to the Quarantine.
How to remove BrowseSecure with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the browser hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove hijacker infections, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, ad supported software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole computer for the browser hijacker that causes browsers to show intrusive BrowseSecure web site. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will search for threats present on your PC system.
- After the scan get completed, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your machine. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. When the cleaning process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video offers a instructions on how to get rid of browser hijackers, ad supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Delete BrowseSecure start page from browsers with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free program that created to remove malware, potentially unwanted programs, ‘ad supported’ software and browser hijacker infections from your personal computer running Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll help to identify and remove hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to BrowseSecure, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Installing the AdwCleaner is simple. First you’ll need to download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 3, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then press Save.
- When downloading is done, launch the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” to scan for browser hijacker infection which cause BrowseSecure web-site to appear. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your PC. While the AdwCleaner is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once AdwCleaner completes the scan, a list of all items detected is produced. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, press “OK”.
The few simple steps shown in detail in the following video.
How to stop BrowseSecure
It is important to use ad-blocking apps such as AdGuard to protect your PC system from harmful sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to block BrowseSecure and other unwanted pages.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop ads, BrowseSecure redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How to BrowseSecure hijacker get installed onto PC
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the browser hijacker which redirects your web-browser to unwanted BrowseSecure site. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and unwanted malicious web-pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, browser hijackers and ad-supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of BrowseSecure homepage from your web-browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.