The b.trafficad.net web page appeared on your computer without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your internet browser is now redirected to other annoying web-sites and filled with a variety of pop-up ads and banners. The cause of all your problems with your PC system is ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that has been installed on many computers around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this adware has got into your personal computer. In the few simple steps below, we will explain all the general features of adware and its typical behavior on the computer, as well as effective methods for manually removing it from your PC system.
The malicious applications from the adware family that changes the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the web browser, instead of your start page, you will see the annoying b.trafficad.net ads.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous web-sites. Moreover, the adware can download and install web-browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll replace your startpage with an unwanted web site.
So, obviously, you need to remove the adware ASAP. Use the free step-by-step guide below. This guide will help you clean your computer and thereby remove the b.trafficad.net annoying pop-up ads.
How can you protect your PC from b.trafficad.net popup ads
Probably, the adware get installed onto your system when you have installed a free programs like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly the ad-supported software is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web-pages. Even removing the application that contains adware, does not help you remove the b.trafficad.net ads. Therefore, you must follow the few simple steps below to get rid of all unwanted advertisements.
How to manually remove b.trafficad.net
Without a doubt, the adware is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To remove this adware, you can use the manual removal that are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing dangerous programs, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, that will assist you to remove b.trafficad.net redirect easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in system or in the case where ‘ad supported’ software is not removed automatically.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove b.trafficad.net pop-up ads from Chrome
- Get rid of b.trafficad.net redirect from FF
- Delete b.trafficad.net from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete b.trafficad.net redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Remove b.trafficad.net pop-up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage and search engine by default that have been replaced by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of b.trafficad.net redirect from FF
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete b.trafficad.net from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and thereby get rid of the reroute to b.trafficad.net unwanted web site.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete b.trafficad.net redirect
When the ‘ad supported’ software is started, it can also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying b.trafficad.net web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by unwanted applications.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This opens a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove b.trafficad.net with free malware removal program
Manual removal b.trafficad.net pop-up ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free programs will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the adware that redirects your web-browser to the b.trafficad.net annoying page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning your machine, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop b.trafficad.net pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted ads and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the application can stop the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, b.trafficad.net redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with b.trafficad.net pop-ups is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove b.trafficad.net pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware that generates b.trafficad.net advertisements.
- When it has finished scanning your system, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the steps above on how to delete adware with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the step-by-step guide above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad supported software. The Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge will no longer open b.trafficad.net annoying ads and redirect you to unknown web-sites. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scanning is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted b.trafficad.net pop-ups.